Ed Chang -> SDSU -> CC -> Mizzou -> Jax St.->Idaho St

12 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I'm hearing that he does not at this point. 

Let me elaborate on non-commitable offer.

Chang does have an offer from Nebraska. It's from 2016.

If you call up and ask either Nebraska or Chang if Ed has an offer from Nebraska, the answer is yes. Neither party is closing the door just in case.

Lee's story, in this sense, is accurate.

HOWEVER

Miles hasn't talked to Chang since he committed to Washington.

Thus, if Chang decided that he wanted to come to Nebraska, it wouldn't be as simple as just saying "i'm N"

First and foremost, we'd need a scholarship to open up.  If Copeland, Palmer, or someone else decides they're not coming back then we have something. Until that happens, he doesn't hold a commitable offer.

Then, it would be a matter of Ed convincing people he'd be a good culture fit in addition to a skills add.

At the end of the day he's probably on the way to SDSU and it's probably better for all parties involved.

I have been told there has been communication.  However our primary focus is on a big.  So, we are not currently in a position to try to close a deal on Ed.  There is also the dangling possibility that we could lose one of our current players, although things are currently looking good on that front.  

4 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

i think he's trolling nebraska fans and likely going to San diego. i don't think we're looking to add anyone right now unless it's a big time transfer.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but how is Chang trolling Nebraska fans?

8 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Trolling seems like the wrong word. Maybe giving false hope to those fans that want him here seems far more accurate 

To me it seemed like he was using Nebraska to make himself look better when making a graphic because in reality he doesn't currently hold an offer that is also commitable. One the points to recruiting a kid from the state is that they should care more about Nebraska...Chang simply doesn't seem to which is fine.  If you look at him as simply an out of state guy with length and shooting you see that we already recruited that guy in Karrington Davis and previously in Nana Akenten.  Unless one of those guys decides to take off why would we add another when it's pretty obvious that a PF-Center type is what we need?

Chang isn't coming here unless our roster changes so be careful what you wish for in this regard.

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

To me it seemed like he was using Nebraska to make himself look better when making a graphic because in reality he doesn't currently hold an offer that is also commitable. One the points to recruiting a kid from the state is that they should care more about Nebraska...Chang simply doesn't seem to which is fine.  If you look at him as simply an out of state guy with length and shooting you see that we already recruited that guy in Karrington Davis and previously in Nana Akenten.  Unless one of those guys decides to take off why would we add another when it's pretty obvious that a PF-Center type is what we need?

Chang isn't coming here unless our roster changes so be careful what you wish for in this regard.

I personally don’t want him, I wanted Wingett but yes we need a 6’8” to 6’11” mobile big w some touch that we can develop into a future 4 with the last scholly IMO 

11 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

According to this article from May 17th, we have officially re-offered Ed Change a scholarship:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/we-ll-play-duke-tim-miles-says-of-acc-big/article_41c5027c-cb89-5f5e-a670-fc673a8e70f3.html

if you don't have premium access:

» The Huskers have offered a scholarship to Ed Chang, a former two-time All-Nebraska player at Papillion-La Vista. The 6-foot-7, 180-pound forward tweeted that he has a final three of Nebraska, Mississippi and San Diego State.

Chang was committed to Washington for 10 months but reopened his recruiting this spring. The three-star prospect received a Missouri scholarship offer Wednesday. Chang didn’t play organized basketball last season because of eligibility issues involved in his move to Seattle.

Nebraska has one scholarship left for the coming season. Miles said, “We need the best available player or another big guy.”

13 hours ago, JBARGIE said:

According to this article from May 17th, we have officially re-offered Ed Change a scholarship:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/we-ll-play-duke-tim-miles-says-of-acc-big/article_41c5027c-cb89-5f5e-a670-fc673a8e70f3.html

if you don't have premium access:

» The Huskers have offered a scholarship to Ed Chang, a former two-time All-Nebraska player at Papillion-La Vista. The 6-foot-7, 180-pound forward tweeted that he has a final three of Nebraska, Mississippi and San Diego State.

Chang was committed to Washington for 10 months but reopened his recruiting this spring. The three-star prospect received a Missouri scholarship offer Wednesday. Chang didn’t play organized basketball last season because of eligibility issues involved in his move to Seattle.

Nebraska has one scholarship left for the coming season. Miles said, “We need the best available player or another big guy.”

It doesn't explicitly say re-offer. I guess I don't know if Lewis re-offered when he went out there or simply went out there because we still have some interest in a guy that we offered a few years back. Re-read what Lee wrote and re-read what I said. It doesn't contradict.

Anyone can pick up a phone and Chang hasn't talked to Miles in 2018. To me that says a lot about where we both are at with Chang coming to Nebraska.