2018 PF Nate Roberts -> Washington

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

i still like our chances because we have the brewster connection, and i think he can play right away because heiman could redshirt and we will lose duby.

The only thing that concerns me (about playing right away) is that isnt he a similiar build as Heiman? 6'10 205lbs ish. I could be totally remembering it wrong.

However, im sure at the moment hes much more skilled then Heiman.

6 hours ago, khoock said:

The only thing that concerns me (about playing right away) is that isnt he a similiar build as Heiman? 6'10 205lbs ish. I could be totally remembering it wrong.

However, im sure at the moment hes much more skilled then Heiman.

yes. roberts also is a superior athlete. would not need to bulk up to effective right away.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:28 PM, TimSmiles said:

i still like our chances because we have the brewster connection, and i think he can play right away because heiman could redshirt and we will lose duby.

I think we're looking at Roberts at stretch 4 so it's more about if Copeland will be here next year.

42 minutes ago, khoock said:

Wow. I thought earlier this month it was 50/50 us and syracuse. Now we are out of the picture and Washington is the favorite??

I think that earlier 50/50 was a mistake because later that same day the person who had apparently projected us had switched it to Washington.  It was us for like an hour.

Actually, Washington is an odd place for Mr. Roberts to land.  And, by the way, Syracuse message board folks are acknowledging he isn't going there either.

But get this:  Washington's record for all of last season is a whopping 9 wins and 22 losses, for a winning percentage of .290.  In-conference Washington racked up 2 wins against 16 losses for a .111 percentage.  They ended up second-to-last in the Pac 12 (between Washington St. above them and Oregon St. below them).

And they managed that record with one Rivals 5-star and at least two Rivals 4-stars on their roster.  And it looks like the 5-star is now in the NBA.

So . . . only those on the inside would know what's going on here.  

Edited by Swan88

20 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Actually, Washington is an odd place for Mr. Roberts to land.  And, by the way, Syracuse message board folks are acknowledging he isn't going there either.

But get this:  Washington's record for all of last season is a whopping 9 wins and 22 losses, for a winning percentage of .290.  In-conference Washington racked up 2 wins against 16 losses for a .111 percentage.  They ended up second-to-last in the Pac 12 (between Washington St. above them and Oregon St. below them).

And they managed that record with one Rivals 5-star and at least two Rivals 4-stars on their roster.  And it looks like the 5-star is now in the NBA.

The one now in the NBA: the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, Markelle Fultz.

48 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

That was the Lorenzo Romar era where he would always pull in top level guys and never win as much as you'd think he should.  That's where the Porter family (potential #1 overall draft pick Michael Porter Jr) was going until Romar was fired and they ended up at Mizzou.  Former Syracuse coach in waiting Mike Hopkins is now the coach at Washington and the Huskies are in this because Hopkins was recruiting him back at Syracuse.

Part of the sell of Nebraska was being part of rebuilding it. Washington fits that bill.

6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Seriously?

Yup, as a heart attack.  Don't know if he chooses us or not, but many things go into a scholarship offer and many reasons exist to offer or not offer a scholarship.  Not saying we didn't follow up with the offer but the inner workings of this specific recruitment allows me to question whether or not we chose not to follow through with the offer.  Fair enough?

27 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Yup, as a heart attack.  Don't know if he chooses us or not, but many things go into a scholarship offer and many reasons exist to offer or not offer a scholarship.  Not saying we didn't follow up with the offer but the inner workings of this specific recruitment allows me to question whether or not we chose not to follow through with the offer.  Fair enough?

He said no to us.