Statistical predictions

khoock

Since our roster is set for now and summer workouts are beginning im making my first set of predictions for player stats. I will tweak them as the off-season progresses and we find out more about each player.

STARTERS

-Glynn Watson 32min 16ppg 3reb 5asst 2stl

-James Palmer 25min 9ppg 3reb 1stl

-Isaiah Roby 27min 7ppg 6reb 2asst 1stl 1blk

-Isaac Copeland 25min 11ppg 4reb 1asst

-Jordy Tshimanga 23min 9ppg 8reb 2blk

BENCH

-Jack McVeigh 19min 7ppg 3reb 1asst

-Thomas Allen 17min 5ppg 1reb 1asst

-Nana Akenten 11min 4ppg 2reb

-Duby Okeke 11min 2ppg 4reb 1blk

-Evan Taylor 10min 3pts 2reb 1stl

-Tanner Borchardt 0+min 1reb

-Anton Gill 0+min 2pts 1reb

Share your thoughts and predictions.

Edited by khoock

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Since our roster is set for now and summer workouts are beginning im making my first set of predictions for player stats. I will tweak them as the off-season progresses and we find out more about each player.

STARTERS

-Glynn Watson 32min 16ppg 3reb 5asst 2stl

-James Palmer 24min 9ppg 3reb 1stl

-Isaiah Roby 27min 8ppg 6reb 2asst 1stl 1blk

-Isaac Copeland 25min 11ppg 3reb 1asst

-Jordy Tshimanga 22min 8ppg 7reb 1blk

BENCH

-Jack McVeigh 19min 7ppg 3reb 1asst

-Thomas Allen 18min 5ppg 2reb 1asst

-Nana Akenten 12min 4ppg 2reb

-Evan Taylor 11min 3ppg 2reb 1asst

-Duby Okeke 10min 2pts 4reb 1blk

-Anton Gill 0+min 2pts 1reb

-Tanner Borchardt 0+min 1reb

Share your thoughts and predictions.

I think you're shooting low on Jordy's productivity estimate. 

In the last 11 games of this past season, Jordy averaged 17 minutes, 7+ points and 6 rebounds.  That was with sharing time with Ed and Michael, who aren't around any more.  If you add 30% more minutes to Jordy's line, his numbers will probably look more like 10 and 8.  Probably even better, because I expect he'll come back a bigger, quicker, stronger and more skilled version of the Jordy was saw last year.

1 minute ago, uneblinstu said:

My prediction: Gill plays a lot more than that.

My question is who is he taking minutes from then? It would have to be either Thomas Allen or ET.

If he has truly bounced back from his injury then you are probably right and im off. Personally, im just skeptical about his recovery until i see it.

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think you're shooting low on Jordy's productivity estimate. 

In the last 11 games of this past season, Jordy averaged 17 minutes, 7+ points and 6 rebounds.  That was with sharing time with Ed and Michael, who aren't around any more.  If you add 30% more minutes to Jordy's line, his numbers will probably look more like 10 and 8.  Probably even better, because I expect he'll come back a bigger, quicker, stronger and more skilled version of the Jordy was saw last year.

When i first made my stats i had Jordy at 10 and 8 but after adding the #s we were way over in what i expect from ppg and rpg average so i had to trim some #s to get us at more realistic averages. He was one of the ppl i took a little away from.

He will definitely be good though.

9 minutes ago, khoock said:

My question is who is he taking minutes from then? It would have to be either Thomas Allen or ET.

If he has truly bounced back from his injury then you are probably right and im off. Personally, im just skeptical about his recovery until i see it.

If he's healthy, and that probably doesn't mean back to where he was before he got hurt the first time, but if he's as healthy as he can be, he is good depth. So, it wouldn't be any one player, he'd take a minute or two from several guys and help reduce the wear and load on some of those guys, especially the young ones. It's fair to be skeptical, though.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

If everyone pans out, don't see mcveigh getting 19mpg.   That's a guy who hill can take minutes from.    He won't play the 3 but palmer can 

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

If everyone pans out, don't see mcveigh getting 19mpg.   That's a guy who hill can take minutes from.    He won't play the 3 but palmer can 

I just have a feeling McVeigh is gonna be hard to keep off the court. Preferably via lots of 3 balls.

Edited by khoock

12 hours ago, khoock said:

I just have a feeling McVeigh is gonna be hard to keep off the court. Preferably via lots of 3 balls.

I have a feeling Miles will play him quite a bit.  I just hope the 3 balls come with it, more so than the past.

I think he has a roll on this team.  With his length, he can occasionally play the stretch 4 as we'll need the bodies (especially in lieu of Copeland's uncertainty) but not sure 19 minutes per game will be justified.   If it is, it means he has either improved a lot, or probably more realistically, someone else is hurt or not living up to expectations.

12 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

The official Rosenthal announcement of AWIII's transfer approval was on June 26, 2016, so I'm not ruling anything out just yet.

I guess you can't rule anything out with Nebrasketball but if I remember right...didn't AWIII move back home over the summer and was essentially non existent?  Glynn was probably the biggest worry left and it appears he is going thru summer workouts/practicing with the team.  I'd say that's a good sign. 

• 2 months later...

After doing some thinking and running some hypotheticals through my head i've updated my prediction for minutes. The following is what rotation i think Miles will settle on and how the minutes will be dispersed:

STARTERS

Glynn Watson 32 min

James Palmer 25 min

Isaiah Roby 27 min

Isaac Copeland 27 min

Jordy Tshimanga 23 min

BENCH

Jack McVeigh 21 min

Thomas Allen 18 min

Duby Okeke 13 min

Evan Taylor/ Nana Akenten 13 min

Ive been sticking with the same starting 5 for a while now. Thomas Allen plays point when Glynn isnt on the floor but plays with him for majority of his minutes. Who ever wins out between Taylor and Nana will get a handful of minutes at the 2 and 3. Jack backs up both Roby and Copeland but most of his minutses come at the 4. I took a cautious approach with Jordy and Duby as im skeptical, for different reasons, that they will be able to man down the 5 for a whole game. I think Zay is our best option to play short spurts at the 5 when needed.

This is not to say Gill, Thor, Tanner or who ever comes up short between Taylor/Nana wont play. Bc they will, especially early. This is just what i see Miles settling on.

13 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Mello averaged 32.1 minutes per game last year for Maryland, so it can certainly be done.  I would hope though that Glynn doesn't have to average that many minutes.  I believe if he plays that many minutes, by the end of the season, he will not be as productive. 

Like Tai at the end of last year...  Think he ran out of gas!!