2017 SF Sidney Wilson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Earlier in the thread, he was a 2018 recruit who reclassified as 2017, leaving open the possibility he might return to Brewster Academy and be a 2018 kid after all.

Can I guess without checking that's what he's doing?

Nope.  He wants to transfer to get further away from home.  I shit you not.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/29/st-johns-star-recruit-transferring-already-in-stunner/

While the St. John’s staff doesn’t believe his departure limits the team’s ceiling, it does erase some margin for error. It leaves them with just nine scholarship players, with transfers Mikey Dixon (Quinnipiac) and Sedee Keita (South Carolina) sitting out. The Red Storm have two open scholarships for the upcoming season, but a team source said those are unlikely to be filled so late in the offseason.

St. John’s envisioned using Wilson anywhere from shooting guard to power forward in a speed-ball small lineup. But fellow freshman Bryan Trimble Jr., a physical, 6-foot-3 guard, has impressed in summer workouts, and the staff believes he would have taken many of Wilson’s minutes.

Interesting...

They talk in the NY post article or his recruitment being rushed and getting away from

distractions back East. What better place to get away from

distractions than Lincoln?Assuming he doesn't play until 2018-19 season, I feel like he would help fill out the rotation espefially at the 3 position. Hopefully the NeBrewster pipeline is working and we could have 3 guys who played on a National Champion prep team

Edited by rwhiston

2 hours ago, rwhiston said:

They talk in the NY post article or his recruitment being rushed and getting away from

distractions back East. What better place to get away from

distractions than Lincoln?Assuming he doesn't play until 2018-19 season, I feel like he would help fill out the rotation espefially at the 3 position. Hopefully the NeBrewster pipeline is working and we could have 3 guys who played on a Natioanl Champion prep team

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

And, by the way, I don't care what St. John's says, this limits them.  They probably ain't as good w/o him.  Even if it's just marginally.  A 2-point basket at the end of the game flips the outcome of a 1-point contest.  And that's all you need to turn a W into an L.  You can't tell me he's not worth the difference in a couple of close games.

14 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

And, by the way, I don't care what St. John's says, this limits them.  They probably ain't as good w/o him.  Even if it's just marginally.  A 2-point basket at the end of the game flips the outcome of a 1-point contest.  And that's all you need to turn a W into an L.  You can't tell me he's not worth the difference in a couple of close games.

No kidding. Plus they just have 9 scholarship players. Yeah, they don't need him.