Leigha Brown is 'N'

AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, caveman said:

I am not being argumentative here just stating a quick point.  Rachel, Grace, Maddie and Darien are all as tall and three cases taller than Kelsey Griffen, Corey Montgomery, Jordan Hooper and Anna Deforge.  It is not always about how big you are, it's sometimes how big you play.

I definitely grant your point.  It then becomes a matter of whether our talls can play anything near as big as the names you mentioned.  ;)

And Cady....she wasn't a giant. But would mix it up under the boards. That's the thing that separates the rebounders, from players so to speak. They are willing to be aggressive and "bang" to get the ball. Some players, men or women...strong rebounding just isn't in their game.

Our best rebounder this coming year, will need to rebound and be careful to not foul much. Need her on the floor as much as possible.

Edited by redsteve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow! is right. 

Brown, after two games, is averaging 44 points per contest this season.

I was just focused on doing whatever I could in order to help the team win. The game was a faster pace so I was able to get out in transition a few times and drew some fouls and my teammates did a really good job of hitting me on the fly in the open floor,” Brown said after the game.

Can she enroll early in Jan ??   She's spent enough time in HS.  :D:D:D

Edited by redsteve

• 1 month later...

I did a little looking at her high school team.  She basically is the team.  She missed 3 games possibly from an injury but is now playing again.  During her absence the team lost all three games and scored an average of 12 points.  So just think how amazing her stats are when she is the only person the other team has to stop.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, HUD said:

What is her primary position on her team.   Espn has her as a forward and a 3 star.

She is and always has been a point guard.  She has excellent court vision and is dominating in transition.  But at 6'2" she can rebound with anyone and defend all 5 positions.  Can't wait to see her play with girls as dedicated as she is.

13 hours ago, GBR G-PA said:

Can't wait to see her play with girls as dedicated as she is.

With her attitude and ability sounds like she will fit in nicely in coach Williams system .  Obviously you have seen her play a lot.  Welcome to the Husker Hoops Central site.

• 2 weeks later...