Offseason Potpourri

The article was in this mornings LJS, but I cannot locate it the web version.  The statement that Tim made regarding Isaac was short and to the point.  He will not be eligible until the end of the fall semester.  What a bummer.  I question how much Gill will be able to provide as well.  His injury was more severe and rehab is ongoing.  Recovery from a knee injury is person to person, but goodness, expecting him to pay more than spot minutes is likely unfair. 

Good news is that our nine or ten deep is still pretty darn talented.

I'm guessing Jim Brusnahan didn't exactly provide the full context behind the statement. Of course Copeland isn't eligible, until and unless Nebraska wins its appeal to the NCAA. As of now, he isn't eligible until after the season. But that could change if they get lucky with their appeal. More recently Miles has said on record that they are still going through the process of appealing his eligibility. 

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

“James Palmer is kind of a mini-Petteway,” Miles said, referring to Terran Petteway, who played for Miles from 2013-2015. “He (Palmer) shoots it well and really drives it to the hoop. He’s a tough city-kid. And, Glynn Watson really has improved his body in the off-season.”

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

I'm guessing Jim Brusnahan didn't exactly provide the full context behind the statement. Of course Copeland isn't eligible, until and unless Nebraska wins its appeal to the NCAA. As of now, he isn't eligible until after the season. But that could change if they get lucky with their appeal. More recently Miles has said on record that they are still going through the process of appealing his eligibility. 

The lack of emphasis or maybe mention of the appeal process indicates that "get lucky" is a good description of our odds.

19 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

“James Palmer is kind of a mini-Petteway,” Miles said, referring to Terran Petteway, who played for Miles from 2013-2015. “He (Palmer) shoots it well and really drives it to the hoop. He’s a tough city-kid.

This was sort of the evaluation I was hoping to hear about Palmer. It isn't directly stated but I'm implying from this statement that Palmer is the type of player who can earn points at the FT line. It's been a deficiency of this team for the last two years and Tai and Ed were our two starters who excelled the most.  Jordy actually had the highest FT rate for the team so his shift to a starting position/more minutes should help as well

On 8/5/2017 at 1:55 PM, HuskerFever said:

“James Palmer is kind of a mini-Petteway,” Miles said, referring to Terran Petteway, who played for Miles from 2013-2015. “He (Palmer) shoots it well and really drives it to the hoop. He’s a tough city-kid. And, Glynn Watson really has improved his body in the off-season.”

a lot of people were saying gill would be as good as petteway, and that didn't pan out. i'm going to take a wait and see approach here.

8 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

a lot of people were saying gill would be as good as petteway, and that didn't pan out. i'm going to take a wait and see approach here.

With no disrespect to TP who was/is a very good player, I do not necessarily want the next TP.  I want a player that is on yet a different level, perhaps that next Lue...just saying!

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Jason Shultis isn't on the roster page so I'd guess he's not playing this year.

I was told toward the end of the season that Malcolm Laws and Tanner Borchardt were the only guys they were bringing back. Costello and Trueblood are an upgrade on Shultis and Elradi in the walk-on talent department. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...