Offseason Potpourri

13 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Looks like he's gone from 2 to 3 chainz in the offseason

I was racking my brain thinking of how I was going to work the 3 chainz into a pithy comment here and you did it better than I ever could have...good job!

Some fun offseason stuff over at gopherhole:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?76747-Worst-to-best-B1G-non-conference-schedules-(so-far)

Based on average KenPom rank (in parentheses) of known opponents.

14 Rutgers (227): best Florida State (26), worst Coppin State (343) -- 11 known opponents 
13 Iowa (207.111): best Iowa State (17), worst Chicago State (335) -- 9 known opponents
12 Illinois (186.636) -- best Wake Forest (36), worst Longwood (347) -- 11 known opponents
11 Michigan (161.833) -- best North Carolina (3), worst Alabama A&M (351) -- 6 known opponents
10 Ohio State (161.125) -- best Gonzaga (1), The Citadel (288) -- 8 known opponents
9 Northwestern (160.6) -- best Creighton (28), worst Chicago State (335) -- 10 known opponents
8 Penn State (158.8) -- best NC State (109), worst ORU (236) -- 5 known opponents
7 Wisconsin (155.875) -- best Virginia (12), worst South Carolina State (336) -- 8 known opponents
6 Purdue (155) -- best Louisville (9), worst Chicago State (335) -- 10 known opponents
5 Indiana (142.777) -- best Louisville (9), worst Howard (338) -- 9 known opponents
4 Michigan State (128.5) -- best Duke (14), worst Southern Utah (333) -- 6 known opponents
3 Maryland (113.2) -- best Butler (25), worst Gardner-Webb (181) -- 5 known opponents
2 Nebraska (76.5) -- best Kansas (6), worst Boston College (173) -- 4 known opponents
1 Minnesota (70) -- best Arkansas (35), worst UMass (157) -- 5 known opponents

Anybody know what Miles does with his extra scholarships? Does he give temporary one year scholarship to walkons or what?

I would put Tanner on one for the year and maybe put Laws on for the first semester (so we have one open for a mid year transfer again)

48 minutes ago, 49r said:

One thing I'll say about the fellas this off-season is they sure do look the part of legit college hoops players!

...also, it looks like Zay must have grown at least 4 inches in the last few months...he's at least as tall as Jordy now!  /s

I know camera angles can be deceiving and all, but Coach Mo only looks short when standing next to these guys.  He's actually above average, 6'2" or so.  Evan Taylor is listed on the roster at 6'5" and I believe he's a legit 6'5".  If so, Isaiah might be pushing 6'9" or 6'10" judging by that picture.  He's clearly quite a bit taller than Evan.  And those arms look like he's been adding some muscle in the off-season as well.

10 hours ago, 49r said:

One thing I'll say about the fellas this off-season is they sure do look the part of legit college hoops players!

...also, it looks like Zay must have grown at least 4 inches in the last few months...he's at least as tall as Jordy now!  /s

What we know...

Jordy went from 2 Chainz to 3 Chainz.

Zay is now approximately eight feet tall

ET went to the CWS this summer

Okeke is an Emirates guy

Oh, and Zay is also a futbol fan

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah...Real Madrid.  Not sure how I feel about that...at least it's not Barca.

Yeah those two teams are like saying you like the Yankees and Cubs.   Although  I do like the Baca jersey.

But my favorite jersey right now is  Borussia Dortmund.  The yellow with the grey stripes is sweet. 

11 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah those two teams are like saying you like the Yankees and Cubs.   Although  I do like the Baca jersey.

But my favorite jersey right now is  Borussia Dortmund.  The yellow with the grey stripes is sweet. 

Yep, Dortmund has sweet kits for sure.  Normally Yellow and Black kinda makes me puke (Colorado, Iowa) but Dortmund looks nice.

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

For those hoping beyond hope we can ditch Miles and replace him with Hoiberg at the end of the year:

In summary, if coaching in the NBA doesn't work out for Fred it's very likely that coaching won't be in his future, period.

So....40/60 he's coaching here next year?

Just now, Dean Smith said:

On the field, Leo Messi is everything right with sports. The best player in the world and the best teammate. 

Not that great at paying his taxes though.  Also, quitting on his national team after Copa America last summer isn't a great look for him.

One can argue that CR7 has passed him by too as far as best in the world is concerned.