Teddy Owens is moving on

10 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Seems an odd transition for one with his basketball pedigree. Where did you read this, and will this position be filled?

Teddy wants to be a coach on the floor, vs. an Ops guy.  As CWG notes, this was a done deal a few weeks ago. 

I expect the position to be filled in-house, although that is pure speculation on my part. Brent Sapp and Greg Eaton are highly thought of in the basketball offices and athletic department.  

One thing I think needs to be made very clear about this.  This isn't a case of a rat leaving a sinking ship.  This isn't "turnover among assistants"  that people often fret about.

This is a simple deal of a guy wanting to be a coach rather than an administrator of sorts and doing what he can to get his foot in the door.  That's all.

Good luck to Teddy.

24 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

One thing I think needs to be made very clear about this.  This isn't a case of a rat leaving a sinking ship.  This isn't "turnover among assistants"  that people often fret about.

This is a simple deal of a guy wanting to be a coach rather than an administrator of sorts and doing what he can to get his foot in the door.  That's all.

Good luck to Teddy.

6009f51a1b.jpg

• 1 year later...