2018 C Brady Heiman - LOI -> South Dakota

10 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/recruiting-report-colleges-taking-notice-as-platteview-s-brady-heiman/article_7e0b83e4-6cd1-11e7-ae3b-4f7eb766573e.html

Is it just me or with our philosophy of not using all of our roster spots because 'we're not going to need 13 guys'  does it seem like if Heiman has the potential to be a starter for you at some point in his career (even if it's only as a redshirt senior) isn't he a no-brainer offer?   Once again I'll bring up the fact that his father was a college athlete as pointing toward him being at least a Div 1 contributor vs a guy who never develops at this level.

Why not take him instead of leaving a spot open.  I don't understand self probation.

48 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/recruiting-report-colleges-taking-notice-as-platteview-s-brady-heiman/article_7e0b83e4-6cd1-11e7-ae3b-4f7eb766573e.html

Is it just me or with our philosophy of not using all of our roster spots because 'we're not going to need 13 guys'  does it seem like if Heiman has the potential to be a starter for you at some point in his career (even if it's only as a redshirt senior) isn't he a no-brainer offer?   Once again I'll bring up the fact that his father was a college athlete as pointing toward him being at least a Div 1 contributor vs a guy who never develops at this level.

This has basically been my thought regarding Wingett. And it still might happen.

3 hours ago, busticket said:

With 5 spots in the 2018 class I would absolutely take a chance on Heiman.  

Especially with the immediate need for another center. Duby will graduate and Jordy would be an upperclassmen when the '18 class arrives. 

Grab a JUCO or Grad transfer big to back up Jordy and pair him with Heiman so he can redshirt. Thats what i would like to see.

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Simple question, and I am unsure if it is answerable...if you knew we were recruiting a 4* post player and could take the 4* or Brady, would you still want Brady?

I guess it depends on the probability of landing the 4 star post.  True posts that highly rated are extremely hard to get.... I would tend to say take the bird in hand than a flier on a kid we probably won't land.  

Jordy is the most promising big we've had in a long while and he was a 3 star so I would be pretty skeptical we would have an inside track on a highly regarded post unless we had some kind of connection.

Just a side story on Brady I thought I'd share.  A couple years ago, one of the kids in my Boy Scout troop goes to school with him and was telling me about a 6'9" kid on their basketball team.  I asked a little bit about him but I figured it was just the typical high schooler telling a fisherman's tale about a 6'6" kid.  Last year is when I figured out he wasn't full of it!

15 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Simple question, and I am unsure if it is answerable...if you knew we were recruiting a 4* post player and could take the 4* or Brady, would you still want Brady?

You'd take the 4*.

But there are a few variables here that complicate that.   Do we know for sure that we land that 4*?   Plus there's going to be more than one spot available for a front court player.

He's getting some decent offers, but still no high majors so far, even though he's had plenty of exposure this summer.

Miles' hot-seat status this year might make it tough to sell some guys on coming here, might not be an issue for him. I still think we'll offer at some point since we have 5 openings.

Edited by Chuck Taylor

6 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Please oh please learn not to drop the ball to your waste level...you will find in Division I that ball will soon be missing from your hands, and not in a good way.

Maybe he just finished a dribble and was taking it up to dunk!