2018 C Brady Heiman - LOI -> South Dakota

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

I think Roby's best ever is 6'6"

I can't figure out how to cut and paste on my tablet, but according to a saukvalley.com article, Isiaih high jumped at least 6'8" and followed with a comment that that is not a bad height for someone who treats the event like a hobby.

Here you go @Huskerpapa

http://www.saukvalley.com/2015/05/15/speed-hops-required-to-clear-new-heights-in-high-jump/a66u87q/

The 6-foot-8 Roby has a top jump this season that matches his height – not too bad for somebody who readily admits high jumping is more of a hobby, a chance to hang with friends and help out the team. Basketball, which he has committed to play at Nebraska beginning in the winter of 2016, remains his No. 1 priority.

4 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

He himself said in an interview that redshirting was likely I think. Other schools that were recruiting him wanted him to go to prep school was the rumor 

Not a rumor. Creighton offered him for 2019 but not 2018. And if he doesn't redshirt, he's probably going to struggle quite a bit. 

19 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

if he doesn't redshirt, he's probably going to struggle quite a bit. 

What's this based on?  Personal observation of late . . . or something else?

Not disputing . . . just wondering if you have something more to go on than the rest of us.

17 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

What's this based on?  Personal observation of late . . . or something else?

Not disputing . . . just wondering if you have something more to go on than the rest of us.

It depends on how he would be used, in my opinion.  If he doesn't put on 20lbs of muscle, he'll get broken in the post.

If Copeland is back, I would assume Heiman redshirts and does nothing but gain weight.  If not, I still think he will be a pleasant surprise.  Give him time though and I think he'll be a heck of a player.  

For a comparison, see Frank Kaminsky's production at Wisconsin.  Their HS films/skillsets/size are pretty similar.  6'10", 220lbs.  Mostly mid-major offers except for Wisconsin who saw a worthwhile project.  Also, Brady is a very good and willing passer and plays well within the offense.  There's a lot to work with.  

Edited by LK1

6 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

I covered him throughout high school. 

Great!  Then maybe you can answer this:

Here's a link with his high jump results this year.  It seems sporadic: ranging between 6/1" and 6/8," with just about every number in between and a 7" difference in one week's time.  What accounts for that variation?  Was there an injury?  

Edited by Swan88

2 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Here's a link with his high jump results this year.  It seems sporadic: ranging between 6/1" and 6/8," with just about every number in between and a 7" difference in one week's time.  What accounts for that variation?  Was there an injury?  

I covered him in basketball. Haven't followed his track career, so I'm not sure about that.

3 hours ago, Swan88 said:

I wouldn't call that sporadic. Before districts, he had 8 meets, all within 4 inches of each other. He followed this up with a season-low and then a season-high. While a little unusual, he ended the season with a PR, not atypical for someone who probably doesn't focus on track full-time.