2018 C Brady Heiman - LOI -> South Dakota

2 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Correct, which might hurt his chances to be a Husker. Some kids want to make the decision early so they can just focus on their Senior year of bball.

I don't know. He's been on campus a bunch and was at a ton of games last year in the recruits section (He may have done this for CU, too. IDK). He knows the deal here. If he wants to be here and he gets an offer, I don't think the timeframe he'll be facing to make his decision will impact that at all. He has all the info.

Edited by uneblinstu

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I don't know. He's been on campus a bunch and was at a ton of games last year in the recruits section (He may have done this for CU, too. IDK). He knows the deal here. If he wants to be here and he gets an offer, I don't think the timeframe he'll be facing to make his decision will impact that at all. He has all the info.

I was looking at it from the coaching staff's perspective. I don't think we have offered yet and could see him as a fall back which would mean we might not offer until spring.

Just now, Navin R. Johnson said:

I was looking at it from the coaching staff's perspective. I don't think we have offered yet and could see him as a fall back which would mean we might not offer until spring.

I could see that. But I think how he played this summer will be a bigger factor than how the rest of their recruiting efforts pan out. I don't think it will be a huge factor with the amount of spots they have to fill. Good on the kid for getting good enough to force their hand a bit.

I am not being snarky here, but for those who may have seen both perform, how would Brady compare to Jake Hammond? From what I can find , Jake has done well at Div.II Central Oklahoma (scoring 23 against my dad's alma mater the Emporia State Hornets). I also note that he has shrunk by two inches, recruited here at 6'10" and now listed at 6'8". Do their games compare at all?

13 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Sounds like Creighton will offer shortly too ... and that's where he wants to go. I personally think it's a mistake to offer this kid, but what do I know.

If that's where he wants to go and they offer, fine.  I'm glad we made the first offer instead of offering after them and looking like we're only offering because they did.

2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

I don't think you make an offer unless you're willing for him to accept it.

Not always true.  The coaches have to have a "pecking order" on who they want first.  Look how many offers get made and you obviously can't accept them all if every kid decides to accept the NU offer.  If you only had one scholarship open and offered this kid and a 5 star kid, NU would hold out to see if they can get the 5 star kid before they would accept Heiman if he decided to commit.  He might just be lower on the priority list before NU would accept his commitment.  He might be high on their list as I don't know but just because they made the offer don't mean they will accept it unless other kids fall off the radar first.

Nick Bahe on 1620 The Zone said his prediction is that Creighton doesnt offer, Heiman will collect some more lower tier P5 bball offers but none that will hold any advantage over Nebraska, and he expects him to become a Husker.

Also he said he is 6'10 and only 196lbs. Hopefully as soon as his senior bball season is over he wont leave the weight room for the next 6 months.

13 minutes ago, khoock said:

Nick Bahe on 1620 The Zone said his prediction is that Creighton doesnt offer, Heiman will collect some more lower tier P5 bball offers but none that will hold any advantage over Nebraska, and he expects him to become a Husker.

Also he said he is 6'10 and only 196lbs. Hopefully as soon as his senior bball season is over he wont leave the weight room for the next 6 months.

Here are a few comparisons, these are the weights as freshmen:
Ubel 6'10" 220lbs

Kye 6'10" 212 lbs

Hammond 6'10" 215 lbs

Turek 6'9" 230lbs

Conklin 6'11" 215 lbs.