2018 F Aguir Agau -> Fresno St.

Maybe Tim owes the Agau family a rain check, so he now has his eyes set on Aguir. Who in my opinion has much more upside than his older brother did. Given, they are two different players at two different positions, Aguir's athleticism and versatility is second to none. Can defend 1-4 depending on the match up and he definitely has what the kids call "hops." Wouldn't mind seeing Young Mr. Agau come home after next year. 

2 hours ago, Neon Budreau said:

I'm not really sure how the re-classifying things work. I'd assume he will go back to his California HS for a year. Although I did see he is going to play AAU with his old Omaha club this summer though. 

Thanks.  I'm not sure either. I assume if you re-classify you would have to go to a Prep school to be eligible which would mean he could not come back and play high school ball in Nebraska.

Edited by Navin R. Johnson

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Thanks.  I'm not sure either. I assume if you re-classify you would have to go to a Prep school to be eligible which would mean he could not come back a play high school ball in Nebraska.

Prep school is how I understand it.

5 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Agau's Las Vegas Knicks lost to the 17U squad from OSA 71-64 this past weekend. OSA was lead by local products including Kearney High's Kannon Koster w/ 21 Platteview's Brady Heiman w/ 14 and Omaha Burke's Shereef Mitchell w/ 11. Couldn't find a stat line for Mr. Agau

Shereef Mitchell is another classic victim of being vertically challenged. Similar to his OSA teammate Roman Behrens. Crazy good basketball IQ, not that many question marks. Just too small.. Sad

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

His best offers seem to be Colorado and Wash State, so not like he's not good enough for us. The Sudanese community seems to have a growing impact on these kids' future, i.e. the Luol Deng camps and organization. Maybe they're steering kids to the Pac 12 (like Chang)? And maybe we're out of the picture after the Aguek situation? Dunno, just a random Sunday morning theory before trying to figure out which wolf was in the Game of Thrones trailer.

1 hour ago, Chuck Taylor said:

His best offers seem to be Colorado and Wash State, so not like he's not good enough for us. The Sudanese community seems to have a growing impact on these kids' future, i.e. the Luol Deng camps and organization. Maybe they're steering kids to the Pac 12 (like Chang)? And maybe we're out of the picture after the Aguek situation? Dunno, just a random Sunday morning theory before trying to figure out which wolf was in the Game of Thrones trailer.

Believe it was nymeria, as it's her and snows dog ghost as the only surviving dogs left (extreme ? Face)

• 1 month later...

Let's see:

Akoy Agau went to Louisville, then to Georgetown, then to SMU (I believe that's his current / final spot).  And he toyed with / considered the Huskers at every step of his recruitment and transfers journey.

Aguir Agau is currently somewhere in California (Cathedal High and Middlebrooks Academy are both showing up online for Aguir), after playing somewhere in Omaha for awhile (online sources reference both Creighton Prep and Central).

That's more than a usual amount of transfer drama--even in today's transfer-crazy basketball world.

3 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Let's see:

Akoy Agau went to Louisville, then to Georgetown, then to SMU (I believe that's his current / final spot).  And he toyed with / considered the Huskers at every step of his recruitment and transfers journey.

Aguir Agau is currently somewhere in California (Cathedal High and Middlebrooks Academy are both showing up online for Aguir), after playing somewhere in Omaha for awhile (online sources reference both Creighton Prep and Central).

That's more than a usual amount of transfer drama--even in today's transfer-crazy basketball world.

He was at Prep and left or was kicked off and went to Central but I don't think he played for Central.