2017 PF Brady Ernst -> Florida Gulf Coast

1 hour ago, MandRHusker said:

I wonder who they prefer between Ernst & Duby? I assume Ernst. I am sure they would like both but probably a case where demand for playing time next season limits it to one or the other. With the dire need I assume they take the one who commits first.

How injury prone is Ernst?  With MJ gone you could theoretically take both. He's basically a refurbished MJ when you think about it.

If he can play center I'd have to say Ernst.

5 hours ago, MandRHusker said:

I wonder who they prefer between Ernst & Duby? I assume Ernst. I am sure they would like both but probably a case where demand for playing time next season limits it to one or the other. With the dire need I assume they take the one who commits first.

Ernst plays the 4/5 and Duby plays the 5. I think we would have plenty of possible playing time for both. 

5 hours ago, MandRHusker said:

Jody only played more than 20 minutes in a game twice last year.  I think it's a stretch to assume he averages much more than 20.  I don't know that Duby would give you double figure minutes because there's much better offensive options on the team - but that would mean Copeland, Roby, McVeigh filling in at the 5 for a few minutes, which would work against some teams but not others.

From the video Ernst posts up better than anyone we've had since....well, maybe Leslie Smith.  He was listed at 6'9", 215 at Iowa State.

7 hours ago, MandRHusker said:

Well, since we only have one available spot ...

Wait, wut?

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

Yes please.

The player we all thought Jacob Hammond was... but looks to actually be. 

Also, I thought I'd add - never freak out too much about JUCO stats - Good or bad. 

Not only that, but perhaps the player we thought Michael Jacobson was going to be.  Granted it was just a highlight film and you could put together a highlight film of MJ hitting perimeter shots, but this kid looks like it's a legit part of his game.

Interesting.  I tried to find info on this former ISU Cyclone. 

MJ was 1st team Class 4A All-state according to the Des Moines Register.  Brady was the same year in school as MJ and was 3rd team Class 4A.

HOWEVER, Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury (ACL) toward the end of his senior year and I have to think that's what kept him off the 1st team because he was putting up really good numbers in HS (averaged a double-double as a junior and a senior.)  Plus he got that ISU offer in HOOPS (as opposed to football.)

He played at ISU for about 6-8 games his freshman year and apparently was still having trouble with the knee and so he gets a medical redshirt for that year.  That's how he's still just a sophomore-to-be with 3 seasons to play.

If we can get this kid here, then Jacobson leaving might just be a blessing in disguise.

Totally agree with you on this one.

Here's the real clincher with this kid:  Getting him would be like recruiting Brady Michael Jacobsernst straight outta high school and getting 5 seasons of eligibility out of him.

They were the same year in HS from the same state.  MJ comes here for 2 years and transfers.  Ernst would come in next season, be immediately eligible, and have 3 more seasons to play.

MJ goes to wherever he goes and he'll have to sit out a year.  Ernst already sat his year but sat it for someone else.

I have my fingers totally crossed.

Edited by uneblinstu

On 4/15/2017 at 9:06 AM, MandRHusker said:

Is it too much to ask for both?