WNBA 2017

KarlHessEatMy....

Fairly good day yesterday in the WNBA draft for the Big Ten.  Nia Coffee of Northwestern went at #5 to San Antonio, Shatori Walker-Kimbrough & Brionna Jones from Maryland went #6 to Washington and #8 to Connecticut respectably, Tori Jankoska from Michigan St. went at #9 to Chicago and Shayla Cooper of Ohio St. goes at #11 also to Connecticut. No other player from the conference was selected.

Kelsey Plum from Washington was the overall number one pick.

http://www.wnba.com/2017-wnba-draft/

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if that was going to happen with Dallas getting 3 first round picks this year that I think were all better than her. Sucks we don't have any Nebraska girls playing in the WNBA right now that we can watch!

I do think Hooper could help some team with her 3 point shooting ability!!

I think the WNBA should bring another team on board. I think there are starting to be enough good girls to add another team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jordan Hooper was traded to the Chicago Sky yesterday. http://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-acquire-hooper-first-round-draft-pick/

Also, Husker alum Kelsey Griffin was named MVP of FIBA Asia Cup. She led Australia to a second place finish. You can read more about her feats in the tournament on articles written by Jeff Griesch at huskers.com. 

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Anyone know what Jordan Hooper is up to?? Did she give up the WNBA and just playing overseas??

I think she was cut from the Sky and might be in Australia playing on the same team as Griffin (who switched to Canberra I think)?  Or I could be way off base.