Illinois Game Thread: Attack of the (orange and) Blue Meanies

cipsucks

Come on, really?  You're gonna continue to let them crank off threes when you're up 20 under a minute?  Dick move man.

Agree 100% but sportsmanship as it was taught to me is gone.  Today the youngins simply say you don't like it stop them from doing it.

And Coz just proved me right :)

Come on, really?  You're gonna continue to let them crank off threes when you're up 20 under a minute?  Dick move man.

Agree 100% but sportsmanship as it was taught to me is gone.  Today the youngins simply say you don't like it stop them from doing it.

I don't mind as long as it's subs.  The starters are what makes it worse.

Yeah, it's a tough deal.  Because even though I may not like it, the honest truth is it's up to us to stop it.  We couldn't.

Still doesn't change the fact that if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't be sitting here getting geeked about Kye Kurkowski cranking off a three early in the shot clock, just to run up the score.

It's just a matter of discipline and having respect for your opponent.  There really IS a time to say enough is enough.

And, no, it doesn't compare to the lob dunk Michigan State had on us at the end of that game.  We had our starters in and we were pressing.  I got no problem with that one.  Totally different situation there.

I'm not certain how Groce could be 100% certain we'd just magically clear our bench and put walk ons in out of a timeout, unless he had an assistant completing watching that. Even so, I doubt he thought we'd go all walk ons except for Benny.

He got his main scholarship guys out within 30 seconds of that happening. His reseves were at the scorers table, ready to come in, but there wasn't a dead ball.

I didn't think Groce didn't anything dick'ish at all. You also can't fault his backups for coming in and trying to play - they can't shut it down with 2 minutes left.

Just my two cents.

Yep same ole Nebraska. You get your hopes up and the Huskers crash them Same ole same ole.

How did you get your hopes up?

This one so whats your problem with the reply ? I don't have the right to hope that the Huskers will do better than they will do.

The great thing about game threads is you can go back and read things as they happen in real time.  I did.  You should.