Tanner Borchardt

khoock

In the OWH article, Miles talks about Borchardt as someone who could grab some (earned) playing time. Aside from us being extremely shallow in the front court, do we think this is true or just coach talk?

I've always thought he was a great walkon addition. Plus he's pretty athletic. 2nd team all state in football, third team all state in basketball, and state champ in shot put for track. And held a handful of MWC and MAC football scholarships.

Will be interesting to see what the staff can do with him after a full off season.

If he earns his way onto the floor, that'd be a good thing. If he plays because they don't have any others options, it'll be less good. He's got some skill thought. I know there are some on the staff that think he could be more than just practice fodder.

I wish he'd have been a part of the program last summer instead of leaving and rejoining mid season.

Edited by uneblinstu

26 minutes ago, khoock said:

In the OWH article, Miles talks about Borchardt as someone who could grab some (earned) playing time. Aside from us being extremely shallow in the front court, do we think this is true or just coach talk?

I've always thought he was a great walkon addition. Plus he's pretty athletic. 2nd team all state in football, third team all state in basketball, and state champ in shot put for track. And held a handful of MWC and MAC football scholarships.

Will be interesting to see what the staff can do with him after a full off season.

It's not just coach talk.

That's what I was kinda thinking. He's definitely a decent athlete. Obviously if Ed and MJ stayed he'd only see mop up minutes. But now he's Def got a chance to see 5-10 min a game. I said both him and Trueblood could be contributors by the time they were seniors. His opportunity has came a bit early and I'm excited to see what he can do with some offseason workouts and coaching.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

That's what I was kinda thinking. He's definitely a decent athlete. Obviously if Ed and MJ stayed he'd only see mop up minutes. But now he's Def got a chance to see 5-10 min a game. I said both him and Trueblood could be contributors by the time they were seniors. His opportunity has came a bit early and I'm excited to see what he can do with some offseason workouts and coaching.

Actually Trueblood is gonzo. 

5 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Actually Trueblood is gonzo. 

I know that. But at the time I said he was a good walkon addition. To reference somebody close I thought Trueblood could play the same type of role for us that Tyler Clement plays for Creighton by the time he was an upperclassman.

I also think Justin Costello has the same potential.

10 hours ago, colhusker said:

We are talking about a walkon getting minutes to fill spots and I am listening to the local sports talking about Missouri signing two 5 stars and 4 star in the next couple weeks.  Ugh

take heart @colhusker...we should look at Missouri as an example of how you can go from dumpster fire to top 25 in an offseason.

13 minutes ago, 49r said:

take heart @colhusker...we should look at Missouri as an example of how you can go from dumpster fire to top 25 in an offseason.

You know I would say it would be 3 or 4 one and done guys however, Porter has three younger brothers.  Martin may have made himself a good coach based on one hire.