Miles states recruiting want list

5 hours ago, reddan said:

Take it for what it's worth but the guard that's visiting this week and the center next week have both committed and waiting for visits to finalize.  This comes from the same guy who told me miles was heading to New Mexico 

If this is true just give me Thomas Allen or Chris Darrington and lll be feeling a lot better about next year.

16 hours ago, nustudent said:

Guessing Thurman gets a lot better as a player if he ends up here 

lol...i see what you did there.

In all seriousness though his numbers and size look like Ed's (though against lesser opponents) without the injury history.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, khoock said:

Still going with:

- Tyler Mayes or Chris Darrington 

-Princeton Grad Transfer

I guess I don't really care at this point.  I can see value in Darrington but now that we got Allen, our need for a perimeter shooter is not as acute and I don't want to upset the apple cart as far as team chemistry.  Darrington is a high-volume shooter and it's yet to be seen how that would blend in with guys who've already started to acclimate.  I'll trust that Miles knows what he want and needs and can identify it when he sees it.  

Don't get me wrong:  I liked what I saw of Darrington.  (The Vincennes kid, right?)  If we didn't get Allen, I would really have loved to see us land this guy because I think he's a guy who can get to the rim, etc.  But I'd take a 4-year player who's a 4-star recruit over a juco at this point.  Not sure we need both.  Not with the other guys already on the roster.

I do think we need another big boy.  He has to be able to bang, though.  Can the guy from Princeton do that?

• 3 months later...