Miles states recruiting want list

6 minutes ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

In an article posted a few minutes ago by the Weird Herald, " Miles has said he’s looking for two back court scorers and a true center". Now we have a better idea of what exactly he is looking for.  Have we seen an offer to a true center or is this a "via transfer" player?

He said earlier he was looking for more of a grad transfer/Juco big man which makes sense if you need to win this year.

12 hours ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

In an article posted a few minutes ago by the Weird Herald, " Miles has said he’s looking for two back court scorers and a true center". Now we have a better idea of what exactly he is looking for.  Have we seen an offer to a true center or is this a "via transfer" player?

Notice that Miles isn't trying to replace Ed with another power forward.

I sure hope we start getting some good news on recruits....  Getting tired of all this negative news on guys leaving.  We need to probably fill 4-5 scholarships and we don't want to just settle on some guys..  We need some playmakers or the future is not going to be good.  2-3 months ago we were talking about how stacked our roster was going to look the next 2 years, now we are going to have to rely on some youngsters and wont have near the depth.  Amazes me how this program continues to get my hopes up and then goes in the crapper as quick as possible.  Just painful to think what could of been with this roster and what might end up happening.  Will we ever be successful or should I give up hope??

37 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

I sure hope we start getting some good news on recruits....  Getting tired of all this negative news on guys leaving.  We need to probably fill 4-5 scholarships and we don't want to just settle on some guys..  We need some playmakers or the future is not going to be good.  2-3 months ago we were talking about how stacked our roster was going to look the next 2 years, now we are going to have to rely on some youngsters and wont have near the depth.  Amazes me how this program continues to get my hopes up and then goes in the crapper as quick as possible.  Just painful to think what could of been with this roster and what might end up happening.  Will we ever be successful or should I give up hope??

I understand completely where you're coming from.  And the beat goes on....

as it stands we're after these 5 guys

G

Allen (visiting kansas soon...)

Pickford (only mid majors have offered)

Maye (K state only other major offer)

Darrington (juco) (has a lot of good offers)

C Duby (grad transfer) (no other offers that i know of)

Edited by TimSmiles

22 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

as it stands we're after these 5 guys

G

Allen (visiting kansas soon...)

Pickford (only mid majors have offered)

Maye (K state only other major offer)

Darrington (juco) (has a lot of good offers)

C Duby (grad transfer) (no other offers that i know of)

I could live with the transfers if this list looked a little different. But I don't see anything recruiting wise that makes me think we can replace the production that we lost. 

We have a handful of open scholarships, could we really not get anyone to come check out the spring game this weekend? Seems like we should be scrambling to find a shooter, big and pg but there is not a whole lot of noise on this recruiting board. 

12 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I could live with the transfers if this list looked a little different. But I don't see anything recruiting wise that makes me think we can replace the production that we lost. 

We have a handful of open scholarships, could we really not get anyone to come check out the spring game this weekend? Seems like we should be scrambling to find a shooter, big and pg but there is not a whole lot of noise on this recruiting board. 

Agreed

In on one good prospect and we're going against KU for him.  

51 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Don't forget that recruiting news can come out of nowhere as well.  We can speculate as much as we want on this board, but very few actually know the real story.

15 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Just so no one freaks out... we will probably leave an open scholarship so that we can hunt for a mid-year transfer.  Just my thoughts... we are probably only looking to fill 3 scholarships unless we have 4 solid players lined up.

Guessing we leave that ship open because we can't find a warm body to fill it more so than to look for a mid-year transfer.

11 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

A coach that needs to have a 17+ win season or else he's fired saving a scholarship. That'd be interesting. We have glaring holes and Tim is on borrowed time. Saving a scholarship is a luxury he  doesn't have. 

Yep.   You can argue saving spots may have got him into this mess.

Yeah.  He saved a scholarship last year, used it to bring in a 5* power forward and then 2 power forwards quit because they wouldn't get to start or get as much playing time as they did the previous 2 years.  Boy did Miles screw up!  He should know better then to recruit people better then the current players.

30 minutes ago, PointGuard said:

Yeah.  He saved a scholarship last year, used it to bring in a 5* power forward and then 2 power forwards quit because they wouldn't get to start or get as much playing time as they did the previous 2 years.  Boy did Miles screw up!  He should know better then to recruit people better then the current players.

Lesson learned.

44 minutes ago, PointGuard said:

He has always said it was his job to recruit better players than the current ones.  I think he has done that most, if not all years here.

1 hour ago, PointGuard said:

Two things - that's great if Copeland gets to play the full year,  and is healthy. He's hasnt played a minute in scarlet and cream. And two - I agree with your logic behind upgrading talent, but beyond next year isn't guaranteed for Miles, let's work on upgrading on talent and filling holes for November, not 2018.