THANK YOU MS STATE!!!!

huskerchode

9 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Well for all of you guys that had UCONN winning it all, nope.

So where is the road kill crow I have to eat....:(   

As my excuse I did think their lack of depth was troublesome, but good stuff for Miss St.  I wasn't able to watch the game....what was Miss St able to do to win it? Or was UConn just not able to answer enough?  I did notice Geno's has only played 6 for several games. Tough to survive that way.

Edited by redsteve

8 minutes ago, redsteve said:

So where is the road kill crow I have to eat....:(   

As my excuse I did think their lack of depth was troublesome, but good stuff for Miss St.  I wasn't able to watch the game....what was Miss St able to do to win it? Or was UConn just not able to answer enough?  I did notice Geno's has only played 6 for several games. Tough to survive that way.

MS St. just played hard on D. And made shot after shot. I think had it went another OT MS St. would have won. I didn't see all of the game, but Geno only played one sub.

By the way Geno used two subs, Butler and Dangerfield, neither of who did anything.  Three things won it for Mississippi State.  Their defense was stifling, rarely giving UCONN room or time to shoot,  Their rebounding was off the charts and UCONN missed more free throws than they have done in any game I have seen them play.  MSU  had UCONN scouted so well that they had someone in the passing lane almost everytime UCONN attempted to reverse the ball.  MSU made UCONN look like an ordinary team.

1 minute ago, Husker Harry said:

By the way Geno used two subs, Butler and Dangerfield, neither of who did anything.  Three things won it for Mississippi State.  Their defense was stifling, rarely giving UCONN room or time to shoot,  Their rebounding was off the charts and UCONN missed more free throws than they have done in any game I have seen them play.  MSU  had UCONN scouted so well that they had someone in the passing lane almost everytime UCONN attempted to reverse the ball.  MSU made UCONN look like an ordinary team.

Missed freethrows = tired legs.

That was key - Uconn's inability to reverse the ball.  Kept them from making cuts and took them out of their offense.  I was concerned the refs were going to hand it over with the flagrant 1 call against MS State which, IMO, was a lot of acting on Katie Lou's part.  But State kept their composure and that little point guard is just nails.  The other BIG difference - MS State was not intimidated by UConn.  They played their game and forced UConn to play their game.  Tremendous job by the coach to keep his team focused and in the game plan. Players obviously were "all in" with him.  Congrats to MS State!

4 hours ago, huskerchode said:

That was key - Uconn's inability to reverse the ball.  Kept them from making cuts and took them out of their offense.  I was concerned the refs were going to hand it over with the flagrant 1 call against MS State which, IMO, was a lot of acting on Katie Lou's part.  But State kept their composure and that little point guard is just nails.  The other BIG difference - MS State was not intimidated by UConn.  They played their game and forced UConn to play their game.  Tremendous job by the coach to keep his team focused and in the game plan. Players obviously were "all in" with him.  Congrats to MS State!

not a "rooter" of uconn, but, the flagrant 1 foul should have been called right away. no problem with the ref's decision at all. no doubt, ms state could have lost it right there. so be it.