My guess is Miles will be fired this weekend

8 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Not sure if we're talking to the same people but hearing the same thing.

Miles is at the Finals tonight, right?

Actually, according to Basnett

Miles said he met with his players today to discuss a number of topics, among them the speculation about his job.

Not exactly sure where in the world Tim Miles is ATM.  He was here today though.

1 minute ago, uneblinstu said:

Maybe. Most of the other staffers that went down are back already.

Gotcha.  I know it's a big networking event but it makes sense that most everyone would clear out for the actual game.

Earlier in March, Robin Washut tweeted that no more players were transferring after Fuller and Horne made their announcements.  Washut's source was Miles.  Morrow then announces his intent to transfer and Washut's credibility takes a hit.  Now, its rumored that Miles may be leaving (whether voluntarily or otherwise), and Miles issues another denial.  I can see why people are reluctant to believe it.  I have also heard not to buy into the reports Miles is staying.  Things seems fluid.

FWIW, I heard the players requested the meeting with Eichorst.  Do not know when or if the meeting will happen; however, the time line given to me makes sense.  Miles meets with players to address rumors of his departure.  Players then want to talk to Eichorst.  

2 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Now, its rumored that Miles may be leaving (whether voluntarily or otherwise), and Miles issues another denial.  I can see why people are reluctant to believe it.

He's built up a lot of credibility over the years so it's really easy to buy into what he's saying.  That being said I'd agree with your point on fluidity and that a coach whose strength is recruiting starts to look easier to replace if he's not actually keeping the talent.  We'll see who blinks first, huh.

There is a big part of me that would find it amazing that SE would meet with players only.  That seems to go across the "grain" of what I have heard or believed about him.  Then again, I don't seem to know what the heck is going on these last two weeks.

14 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Earlier in March, Robin Washut tweeted that no more players were transferring after Fuller and Horne made their announcements.  Washut's source was Miles.  Morrow then announces his intent to transfer and Washut's credibility takes a hit.  Now, its rumored that Miles may be leaving (whether voluntarily or otherwise), and Miles issues another denial.  I can see why people are reluctant to believe it.  I have also heard not to buy into the reports Miles is staying.  Things seems fluid.

FWIW, I heard the players requested the meeting with Eichorst.  Do not know when or if the meeting will happen; however, the time line given to me makes sense.  Miles meets with players to address rumors of his departure.  Players then want to talk to Eichorst.  

It sounded like Morrow had not made his intention to transfer until just before spring break.   I would have to guess most of the players and coaches had no idea until he got back from spring break. 

1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

There is a big part of me that would find it amazing that SE would meet with players only.  That seems to go across the "grain" of what I have heard or believed about him.  Then again, I don't seem to know what the heck is going on these last two weeks.

The Eichorst and players meeting happened tonight and went well. For now it seems like Miles is still the coach. I expect Miles to be the coach next year and expect no more transfers. This can all change in a second, however, so how's that for keeping the Internet going?

Just now, ajb5856 said:

The Eichorst and players meeting happened tonight and went well. For now it seems like Miles is still the coach. I expect Miles to be the coach next year and expect no more transfers. This can all change in a second, however, so how's that for keeping the Internet going?

But.... someone expected Miles to be fired this weekend... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

...and oh by the way, there is a pretty large assumption taking place that New Mexico would hire Coach Miles.  Just saying.

No, but Hampton High would.  We're in the process of building a 1000 seat gym, and, I kid you not, one of our big donors is at the Final Four.  I'm thinking we could offer 75K a year, and I'd throw in 200 dollars a month food allowance at Conlee's.  I have no idea who the donor has met with, but this would give Miles a chance to stay in the Midwest.  Just sayin'.