My guess is Miles will be fired this weekend

26 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Does he have the skillset to play another position?

42 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Morrow doesn't want to play the 5.  That's essentially what he told the press.  I don't blame him.  

I dont blame him either. But even Jacobson has a better face up game than Ed. And if he wants to play the wing then I definitely can't blame him for bailing. He definitely wasn't happy playing the 5. I have to imagine that some of this was Ed feeling stuck playing the 5 and then sharing those minutes with Jordy. As many have mentioned we have plenty of guys who can play that wing position and guys at the 4 who can face the basket. Ed had to feel stuck. Is that Miles' fault? I suppose. But being injured all the time doesn't help if you're trying to improve your game in other areas either.

19 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

The chance is at worst 50/50. Things have changed in Nebraska's favor the last 3 weeks regarding coaches Nebraska was rumored to be having conversations with. IMO, doing nothing just kills what's left of any PBA momentum. You want to be a big boy program than act like one. Fire underperforming coaches and hire guys with P5 experience as head coaches. 

While the above may be true...I don't see how you can come out and say "we look forward to Coach Miles leading this team next year" and then fire him four weeks later.  Even if the other transfer rumors prove to be true. 

29 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

The chance is at worst 50/50. Things have changed in Nebraska's favor the last 3 weeks regarding coaches Nebraska was rumored to be having conversations with. IMO, doing nothing just kills what's left of any PBA momentum. You want to be a big boy program than act like one. Fire underperforming coaches and hire guys with P5 experience as head coaches. 

Who are these rumored coaches?

1 minute ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay Tim finds out that others are going to leave and falls on his sword like Fuller, takes one for the good of the team, makes one last loving jester to the University of Nebraska and resigns.

Would people be happy or not?

I'm sure the ppl who want him so desperately fired would use it to bash him still even though they are getting what they want.

1 hour ago, ajb5856 said:

I dont blame him either. But even Jacobson has a better face up game than Ed. And if he wants to play the wing then I definitely can't blame him for bailing. He definitely wasn't happy playing the 5. I have to imagine that some of this was Ed feeling stuck playing the 5 and then sharing those minutes with Jordy. As many have mentioned we have plenty of guys who can play that wing position and guys at the 4 who can face the basket. Ed had to feel stuck. Is that Miles' fault? I suppose. But being injured all the time doesn't help if you're trying to improve your game in other areas either.

Yeah, I just wish we could've seen he and Jordy more though.  I don't really care if someone is a "stretch 4" if they can't defend or rebound or are soft in general.  Ed would've been dominant as a weakside shotblocker and offensive rebounder.  No one his size can handle him down there.  Agree with the Jordy angle as well--he's a better 5 than Ed.  I felt like Ed lost more minutes to Jacobson than Jordy, which is complete crap.  I don't think Jacobson is a better offensive player--face up or other--than Ed.  Ed is a way better finisher.  (I love Jacobson, btw, but he's a glue guy and role player at this point until he can make a shot to save his life.) 

I definitely blame Miles from and Xs and Os standpoint, though I know he prefers a stretch 4 for his system.  It's his fault.  That said, there still might be a net gain with the addition of Copeland, Akenten, and Palmer in terms of overall talent, not to mention whatever he does to fill these three open scholarships.  I'm still optimistic.  

11 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

Tom Crean is still out there as are the other guys Nebraska was rumored to have contacted. Eichorst has no reason to keep him now and this is still a great time to fire a coach. Could even a Bruce Webber be in play? Nebraska has not hired a head coach from a P5 program in nearly 40 years. Think about that. 

Your guess is Miles will be fired this weekend.  My guess is he won't be.

Are you willing to put some money where your mouth is?  Make this a little interesting?

32 minutes ago, khoock said:

I'm sure the ppl who want him so desperately fired would use it to bash him still even though they are getting what they want.

Disagree.  I wanted Doc to go when we fired him, but was exceptionally impressed with how he handled being let go.  How you handle adversity matters.  If Miles were to say he's voluntarily stepping down and moving into a Boehm-type of role, I would have a ton of respect for that.  As would most people I know who want him to no longer be our HC.

52 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay Tim finds out that others are going to leave and falls on his sword like Fuller, takes one for the good of the team, makes one last loving jester to the University of Nebraska and resigns.

Would people be happy or not?

We certainly don't want another late off-season hire. Been there, done that. No more.

Eichorst is scheduled to have a Presser next week that is supposed to address the "State of the Program." Hopefully he will shed some light on Tim's contract, the transfers, and where we are headed. I wish I had a better read on SE, but he doesn't strike me as the a shot & a beer kinda guy... 

1 minute ago, 2tall said:

How much time does Morrow take to improve his "skill set"? To me he never struck me as a guy that took his off time to refine his game. Is he going to all of the sudden become a different type of player just because he changes schools? I think he will just end up playing the 5 spot again. 

Yeah, pretty much this.

7 minutes ago, 2tall said:

How much time does Morrow take to improve his "skill set"? To me he never struck me as a guy that took his off time to refine his game. Is he going to all of the sudden become a different type of player just because he changes schools? I think he will just end up playing the 5 spot again. 

The question I have is who would take him, if the condition for him joining a team is that he will get to play at the wing, or as a traditional 4, like Draymond Green?  He simply does not have those skill sets yet, and it's a gamble if he ever will.

If we were to do the wrong thing and fire Miles(imo)...wouldn't making a run at JT3 make sense...he is the same age as creen, has a higher winning percentage, plus his system would work better with our personal at this time...clearly if we're considering crean, SE dosnt really mind grabbing a coach that was just let go... plus we could most likely hold on to Kenya , while also keeping Jordy and other recruits that Kenya had a hand in...just my thoughts during this crazy week 

Edited by bobcat402

29 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

If we were to do the wrong thing and fire Miles(imo)...wouldn't making a run at JT3 make sense...he is the same age as creen, has a higher winning percentage, plus his system would work better with our personal at this time...clearly if we're considering crean, SE dosnt really mind grabbing a coach that was just let go... plus we could most likely hold on to Kenya , while also keeping Jordy and other recruits that Kenya had a hand in...just my thoughts during this crazy week 

We've had enough terrible offense this century.

2 hours ago, bobcat402 said:

Sheldon Jeter would call this "being Stallings'ed" if you're following my having to play for the same guy you just transferred away from line of thought here.