Morrow leaving

7 hours ago, JBARGIE said:

Do you think Morrow is regretting his decision to transfer to Marquette now that his old high school buddy, Jabari Parker, decided to move back to Chicago and sign with his hometown Bulls?

It will be interesting to see what his role is with Marquette.  Seems like they have a lot of talent.

He would have been a great sub for Roby and Copeland off the bench this year. Of course I don’t think he ever had any plans on coming off the bench for Nebraska...

Don't think it'd be a given he'd come off the bench.   Roby could easily play the 3 as well with Palmer at the two.

31 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Don't think it'd be a given he'd come off the bench.   Roby could easily play the 3 as well with Palmer at the two.

I guess so. But if Morrow truly wanted to play the 3 then that lineup doesn’t make sense.  Again, it’ll be interesting to see exactly what his role is with Marquette.  For his sake, I hope he took this year off as an opportunity to work on his outside game so he can play his preferred position.

6 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

I guess so. But if Morrow truly wanted to play the 3 then that lineup doesn’t make sense.  Again, it’ll be interesting to see exactly what his role is with Marquette.  For his sake, I hope he took this year off as an opportunity to work on his outside game so he can play his preferred position.

I still don’t buy that line.

Hell be a post.    A 4 or 5. He just didn’t want to play the post on a losing team 

Morrow and his handlers have rather "unique" expectations and/or demands.  Yet the kid busted his balls on the court.  If he worked on his game during his redshirt year, he will play, and he will play well.  

Same with Jacobson.  People can be bitter about both of them leaving, but both played well while here.  Remember,  we only saw them as freshmen and sophomores.  Arguably, both played out of their preferred positions; yet both played pretty well.  I expect both of them to play well the next two years.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Morrow and his handlers have rather "unique" expectations and/or demands.  Yet the kid busted his balls on the court.  If he worked on his game during his redshirt year, he will play, and he will play well.

He'll play well when he's healthy and his rebounding and post game will be valuable there. However if you look at their lineups over the last 3 years it's essentially 4+ guys on the court at any time that take and make 3s. If Morrow isn't a guy making/taking 3s then he's going to find himself in a logjam with a few guys for one spot. 

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Same with Jacobson.  People can be bitter about both of them leaving, but both played well while here.  Remember,  we only saw them as freshmen and sophomores.  Arguably, both played out of their preferred positions; yet both played pretty well.  I expect both of them to play well the next two years.

There's a couple of things about both that leave us with a little bad taste in our mouths.

I think the bottom line for both was that they saw the writing on the wall.  Roby was going to pass them both and Copeland was a 5-star recruit out of HS who could actually hit treys. So, I'm thinking they looked at each other and at the roster and decided that playing time grass was greener somewhere else.

I have reason to believe that Morrow was planning to transfer while he was sitting out "injured" two-thirds of the way through his sophomore season.  He did not contribute to team cohesion in the locker room and had basically cashed in his chips before the season was over.

Jacobson, I'd feel better about, but I think he kind of pulled an Andrew White and wasn't up front with the coaches about his decision to leave.  That's on him.  He could have handled it differently.  In a way that wouldn't have left a bad taste.

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

He would rather come off the bench for a Marquette team he thinks will dance than come off the bench for a Husker team he didn't think would get there.

I think he wouldn't rather come off of anyone's bench.

12 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Coming off the bench isn't the end of the world.  Bench players can make it to the NBA just ask Donte DiVincenzo. Players need to know that everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and just because you are coming off the bench does not mean you aren't an asset to the team.  That mindset needs to change in general not just Morrow.

46 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

46 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I think he was gone when we continued to start Jordy after Ed came back from injury. At that time everyone loved Jordy’s upside at the 5. 

14 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I think he was gone when we continued to start Jordy after Ed came back from injury. At that time everyone loved Jordy’s upside at the 5. 

I think he was gone before that.  I'm thinking about the time we added Copeland in January.  He was a totally different player when he came back from "injury."

Edited by Norm Peterson

On 7/19/2018 at 8:09 AM, Huskerpapa said:

I didn't think Jacobson played that well when he was here, but I agree that both guys gave great effort on the court.

Jacobson isn't on the same planet as Roby or Copeland.  Roby should've taken MJ's minutes when he was here, and obviously would have eventually.  MJ made the right choice in leaving because he transferred to a worse team.  I think Morrow made a mistake, but his minutes were going down either way.  He should've transferred somewhere lower level as well.  

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

I didn't think Jacobson played that well when he was here, but I agree that both guys gave great effort on the court.

Jacobson isn't on the same planet as Roby or Copeland.  Roby should've taken MJ's minutes when he was here, and obviously would have eventually.  MJ made the right choice in leaving because he transferred to a worse team.  I think Morrow made a mistake, but his minutes were going down either way.  He should've transferred somewhere lower level as well.  

I loved Jacobsen's game and think he is the type of player that always will find ways to get on the court.

• 4 months later...