Morrow leaving

5 hours ago, swmckewon said:

You may not like Shawn Eichorst. That's your prerogative.

He is frankly very little like Steve Pederson in personality or leadership style. Certainly not in communication style - Pederson never had any issues gabbing to the media. He showed off new toilets once, for goodness sakes.

I can imagine Eichorst is different from Tom Osborne in ways that some people don't appreciate. But different doesn't necessarily mean "wrong." It's just different. That's not to say I've agreed with everything Eichorst has done or not said. I don't. But I don't think he's held out on Miles.

Miles has enjoyed the best facilities in school history. He's had use of a private plane. He's treated unusually well by the press. It's simply hard to make the argument he hasn't been given everything to succeed. I don't believe miles himself would say so. 

Nice condescending post, Sam.   How I feel about Eichorst's job performance can only be couched in terms of whether I "like him".  You know, Sam, if he and I were drinking buddies, I would still think having a one sentence tweet as the only public comment under the circumstances of the past 6 weeks was strange, and the wrong approach.  

I'm sure your colleague Lee only wrote that column critical of Eichorst and Boehm because he didn't like them.  

And Eichorst is like SP in many ways.   One example is having a "policy" of not talking about a coach in season.  Except when he talks about a coach publically in season.  SP did the exact same thing with dishing out lavish praise for his hire Callahan during season, yet invoking his "policy" on some other sports when he chose.  Kind of like the great Bill Murray line in Ghostbusters about his "rule".  "Actually, it's more of a guideline".

I know a lot of current and former athletic department employees.   They certainly feel there are a lot of similarities between the leadership styles of SE and SP.  And I know some coaches who feel the same way.  Perhaps we're all wrong, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of it.  

Edited by HB

4 hours ago, swmckewon said:

I believe Nebraska basketball has become a cautionary tale in recent years. While attrition has become common at almost all programs, Nebraska should try to have continuity as its advantage. 

But next year may prove me wrong. 

So that is reason for the jab? Your writing is typically better than the Dirk type jab.  Just didn't expect that from you. 

35 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I think a lot of us need to take the weekend, take Monday, too, enjoy Opening Day and take a deep breath.

I laughed when I read your post, uneblinstu.  For the first time in nearly 4 years, Mrs. cip and I are taking a day or two off.  We're closing the restaurant doors, Sunday, and I'm taking Monday off from my real job.  We're going to the boats and having the time of our lives, if only for a day or so.  :)

For the average fan like me, athletics is an escape from the problems that life can throw in your path.  Don't let following a team become a boulder you place in your path of life.  Too many more important things to focus on....       

Edited by cipsucks

8 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Is there ever a HHC party where we wear name tags and say passive aggressive things to each other in public? Sign me up. 

I'm for it, I don't have anything to hide. When I do get to a men's game I tell everyone where I'm sitting, and say come by and see me. But guess what no one has come by to say hello.

15 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Is there ever a HHC party where we wear name tags and say passive aggressive things to each other in public? Sign me up. 

A Polish Rifle has the stock in front and your holding the barrel next to you, right?  Remember, don't squeeze the trigger, push.  ;)

I get the passive aggressive line, and you're right.  People love to snipe at each other on message boards.  But, you bring up a great idea.

What was it, 5 years ago?  We had a meeting of HHC posters at Barry's before a Husker game.  It was fun.  All the people I met that night, I'm not going to list them, are quality human beings as are everyone else on this board not named a cucumber aged in vinegar.  (Sorry I'm pretty good at passive aggressive).  Had a meeting, what 4 or 5 years prior at P.O. Pears?  That was fun, too.  Actually had some former players at that one.

All that being said, maybe it's time to do another HHC gathering.  Let me talk to some people and get something lined up. Face time is good.  It's really hard to be nasty to someone if you've met that person. 

17 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

A Polish Rifle has the stock in front and your holding the barrel next to you, right?  Remember, don't squeeze the trigger, push.  ;)

I get the passive aggressive line, and you're right.  People love to snipe at each other on message boards.  But, you bring up a great idea.

What was it, 5 years ago?  We had a meeting of HHC posters at Barry's before a Husker game.  It was fun.  All the people I met that night, I'm not going to list them, are quality human beings as are everyone else on this board not named a cucumber aged in vinegar.  (Sorry I'm pretty good at passive aggressive).  Had a meeting, what 4 or 5 years prior at P.O. Pears?  That was fun, too.  Actually had some former players at that one.

All that being said, maybe it's time to do another HHC gathering.  Let me talk to some people and get something lined up. Face time is good.  It's really hard to be nasty to someone if you've met that person. 

I agree - Dimes will cover an open bar right? With this group that bill might get steep. 

22 hours ago, HB said:

Nice condescending post, Sam.   How I feel about Eichorst's job performance can only be couched in terms of whether I "like him".  You know, Sam, if he and I were drinking buddies, I would still think having a one sentence tweet as the only public comment under the circumstances of the past 6 weeks was strange, and the wrong approach.  

I'm sure your colleague Lee only wrote that column critical of Eichorst and Boehm because he didn't like them.  

And Eichorst is like SP in many ways.   One example is having a "policy" of not talking about a coach in season.  Except when he talks about a coach publically in season.  SP did the exact same thing with dishing out lavish praise for his hire Callahan during season, yet invoking his "policy" on some other sports when he chose.  Kind of like the great Bill Murray line in Ghostbusters about his "rule".  "Actually, it's more of a guideline".

I know a lot of current and former athletic department employees.   They certainly feel there are a lot of similarities between the leadership styles of SE and SP.  And I know some coaches who feel the same way.  Perhaps we're all wrong, but I wouldn't be so dismissive of it.  

My read is there are significant differences, which is no commentary on the effectiveness of either. Barry Collier had flaws as a coach. So did Doc Sadler. I would not describe them as similar.

But that's just me. I'm aware of the narrative of how similar they supposedly are. I just don't see Eichorst as Steve Pederson Jr.

Check out Eric in Scottsdale on thses two about Ed!:wacko:

First heard about this last week from a few sources. Sounds like he may end up at Villanova, Marquette, Missouri, or Butler

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH
Ed Morrow is transferring from Nebraska. NU just announced it.

And this bomb shell!!:blink:

People close to the situation tell me Ed Morrow, Jr. may test the NBA Draft waters before deciding where to transfer. #EdMorrow #NBAdraft

Hopefully that's some good news from Barfknecht.   Cip been meaning to get down to Conlee's and see you some time, you're not that far away from me.  Thank God that

opening day is here, if you think being a husker basketball fan is tough,  You should have  been a Twins fan with me last year 0-9 to start the year was bad and it just got worse from there.

Check out Eric in Scottsdale on thses two about Ed!:wacko:

Eric In Scottsdale‏ @EricNScottsdale  Mar 29

First heard about this last week from a few sources. Sounds like he may end up at Villanova, Marquette, Missouri, or Butler

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH Ed Morrow is transferring from Nebraska. NU just announced it.     And this bomb shell!!:blink:   Eric In Scottsdale‏ @EricNScottsdale  Mar 30

People close to the situation tell me Ed Morrow, Jr. may test the NBA Draft waters before deciding where to transfer. #EdMorrow #NBAdraft

Don't ever believe anything Eric in Scottsdale tweets. Drugs can be dangerous.

He might not be wrong on these, but his other tweets are are straight garbage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now, Marv said:

Don't ever believe anything Eric in Scottsdale tweets. Drugs can be dangerous.

He might not be wrong on these, but his other tweets are are straight garbage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think he just straight tweets random stuff and then says he is right when it happens.