2017-18 Transfer list

hhcmatt

15 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Long, athletic kid with a solid midrange and in game. Would definitely be a good get to back up Jordy if we didn't already have someone in that role

He would have to sit for a year and Dube is gone.

Is he going to be better than a Brady Heiman if that was the choice you had to make?

5 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

He would have to sit for a year and Dube is gone.

Is he going to be better than a Brady Heiman if that was the choice you had to make?

Take both if Steele is even interested in coming to Lincoln.  Allows Heiman to redshirt his Fr year and then a year to back up Steele and Jordy.

5 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Take both if Steele is even interested in coming to Lincoln.  Allows Heiman to redshirt his Fr year and then a year to back up Steele and Jordy.

I'd have to think Steele would be interested and this is more of a 'Are we interested' scenario. Is this guy good enough to spell Jordy in the B1G for two years?  If so you could basically bookend him and spend the rest of the time recruiting elite combo guards and point forwards

2 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I'd have to think Steele would be interested and this is more of a 'Are we interested' scenario. Is this guy good enough to spell Jordy in the B1G for two years?  If so you could basically bookend him and spend the rest of the time recruiting elite combo guards and point forwards

Think we are on the same page here.

13 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Think we are on the same page here.

If you take this particular guy does this close the door on Heiman? I know that we don't ever use all of our scholarships anyway but theoretically it could happen.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

If you take this particular guy does this close the door on Heiman? I know that we don't ever use all of our scholarships anyway but theoretically it could happen.

I'd guess no. It would allow you to redshirt Heiman, which he definitely needs. 

So, there's not a lot out there in English about this guy.  He's Swedish/Nigerian?  Stands about 6'8" and wingspan over 7'. 

Realizing that he's a foreign dude, the video above makes it look like he has a fairly American-looking game, and it appears he has decent range on his jumper.

I'm going to guess that he played 1 season in juco and would be immediately eligible because he probably would have qualified out of HS and went juco because nobody knew about him.

I'd say bring him in, redshirt him a year to develop him, and then he'd join Thomas Allen and Nana Akenten in next year's sophomore class, which needed a big man in it.  Just looking at the video, it doesn't seem like a stretch to me to say he's scholarship worthy.

6 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Does seem to have nice range.  Some of those gyms are interesting places.

Yeah, but he also drives the ball pretty well and he has some fairly well developed back-to-the-basket post moves.

I think it'd be worth a shot redshirting him and developing him and seeing what we get out of it.  And, besides, I always felt we needed a big in that class.

17 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yeah, but he also drives the ball pretty well and he has some fairly well developed back-to-the-basket post moves.

I think it'd be worth a shot redshirting him and developing him and seeing what we get out of it.  And, besides, I always felt we needed a big in that class.

Agree

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, AuroranHusker said:

He averaged 3 points, 3.7 rebounds.

No. Name Yr Pos gp gs min/g fg/g pct 3pt/g pct ft/g pct ppg      
42 Kene Chukwuka Fr F/C 26 2 10.3 1.1-2.1 50.9 0.3-1.0 30.8 0.6-1.1 51.7 3      
  Totals     30 30 158.1 26.9-59.6 45.1 8.0-23.8 33.5 16.6-24.3 68.4 78.4      
No. Name Yr Pos gp gs mpg off/g def/g reb/g pf/g dq/g ast/g to/g a/to stl/g blk/g
42 Kene Chukwuka Fr F/C 26 2 10.3 1.3 2.4 3.7 2 0 0.5 0.4 1.2 0.2 0.5
  Totals     30 30 158.1 9.4 25.9 35.3 19.5 0.2 12.5 13.5 0.9 7.1 4.7

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

He averaged 3 points, 3.7 rebounds.

No. Name Yr Pos gp gs min/g fg/g pct 3pt/g pct ft/g pct ppg      
42 Kene Chukwuka Fr F/C 26 2 10.3 1.1-2.1 50.9 0.3-1.0 30.8 0.6-1.1 51.7 3      
  Totals     30 30 158.1 26.9-59.6 45.1 8.0-23.8 33.5 16.6-24.3 68.4 78.4      
No. Name Yr Pos gp gs mpg off/g def/g reb/g pf/g dq/g ast/g to/g a/to stl/g blk/g
42 Kene Chukwuka Fr F/C 26 2 10.3 1.3 2.4 3.7 2 0 0.5 0.4 1.2 0.2 0.5
  Totals     30 30 158.1 9.4 25.9 35.3 19.5 0.2 12.5 13.5 0.9 7.1 4.7

As far as I can tell, KC averaged around 10-12 minutes per game, so 3 & 3.7 is actually pretty decent in spot duty.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2017 at 4:22 PM, hhcdimes said:

Corey Manigualt 

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/corey-manigault

If we want to go PF/C with our guard use of the schollie.  Probably not but  happens to be a former HS teammate of Evan Taylor

6-8" 230 Frosh from Pitt,

Didn't have a good year at Pitt. Former 3 star with offers from Maryland and Miami among others.

Would be in the same class as Nana