2017-18 Transfer list

hhcmatt

Here is a shooting guard transferring (graduate) out of Pitt with 2 years to play. Can't say I recall seeing much of Pitt this year. He would have been Pitt's leading returning scorer.

I have no idea if he would have any interest in NU but I doubt it as HIS DAD says “He had no issues with coach Stallings at all,” Gil Johnson said. “They had a plan for him. It was going to be centered around him. But there’s too much uncertainty there. He wants to win, and you’re going to have 8-10 new bodies.”. (sounds like AW JR)

He is the 4th Pitt transfer. So, it happens more than just here

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/04/01/cameron-johnson-transfer-pitt/

On 3/29/2017 at 5:44 PM, hhcdimes said:

5 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Casual fans are much more likely to know about our players transferring than that there are 700+ other guys leaving 351 schools

Exactly. And the other side of it is that there have always been guys transferring, and there probably are 50 more D-1 schools than there were 15 years ago. At some point it increased enough that people started counting. So everyone overreacts to the big number. Not saying it hasn't gotten much worse, but it's a normal occurrence that's been going on for a long time. The biggest reason for the higher number might be the players calling the shots, rather than the coaches. Robbie Benson probably wouldn't have stuck it out now.

As an aside, can anyone quote One on One like Hoosiers? "All the way up with a red hot poker. I can play anywhere I want."

Next grad transfer immediately eligible is Sean Obi from Duke. Transfered to Duke from RIce after leading in rebounding, never had much of a role at Duke but might be worth a look?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/duke-backup-forward-sean-obi-to-transfer-after-graduating/2017/03/28/790e2194-13d0-11e7-bb16-269934184168_story.html?utm_term=.78d19b8e6270