Jeriah Horne will transfer

Not shocking. The "I play big minutes one game and no minutes the next" has to be tough for new kids. My biggest issue with Miles is how inconsistent he is with certain guys and there minutes.

This one stinks for long ter potential but not shocking....

Really hoping he is the last one to go....

Not going to rant about this because it was almost expected, but dammit, I hate that a talented kid from an area nearby that we should be recruiting heavily wants to leave after 1 year. Not a good look, short or long-term, in my opinion.

Not sure who he will end up with but Misery seems like a close landing spot that isn't sliding down in competition.

23 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Someone was going to in the 3/stretch 4 combo area.  Too many guys.   Was hoping we'd keep Horne and it'd be McVeigh.

McVeigh isn't going anywhere.  Not sure if he was upset over the lack of playing time or if he/his parents saw what you saw with too much competition.  Too bad, think the guy would have had a chance for big minutes next year if he busted his hump.  Moving somewhere else and redshirting to finish working on his body probably seems like a better bet than any sort of loyalty to the red N.

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

Not sure who he will end up with but Misery seems like a close landing spot that isn't sliding down in competition.

McVeigh isn't going anywhere.  Not sure if he was upset over the lack of playing time or if he/his parents saw what you saw with too much competition.  Too bad, think the guy would have had a chance for big minutes next year if he busted his hump.  Moving somewhere else and redshirting to finish working on his body probably seems like a better bet than any sort of loyalty to the red N.

Agreed he's not going anywhere.   Just saying there was going to be one odd man out, and given the choice, I'd take Horne.

I think it's pretty obvious as to the reasoning.  The logjam at that 3/stretch 4.   You have Copeland/Roby/Horne and McVeigh.   At the 4 you have Jacobson and Morrow.   At the 3, you have Palmer and Akenten.  Lots of guys there.   

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

We'll see how our offers shake out but this year seems as good as any to finally roll the dice on someone in the state.

Not sure I would hold my breath - everything I've heard is pointing him toward JUCO. Likely Northeast up in Norfolk.