Jeriah Horne will transfer

46 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Yes.  But great teams (especially in basketball) can come from mid-major conferences; Wichita State, Gonzaga, et al.

Wichita State is now in the AAC.

They're more like the Aldis of power 5 conferences than they are a mid-major.

Well, I mean the OLD Big East held an extremely tenuous position as a "power" conference as it was - the split relegated both the NBE and AAC to mid-major status technically...but they are both easily at the top of the heap as far as mid-major leagues are concerned.  Especially now that the Mountain West has dropped off as much as it has in the past few years.

At least that's the way I see it.  It may not technically be wrong to refer to Tulsa as a "mid-major", but it's not like its a huge drop off from the power leagues, either.

12 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

The AAC is sort of a tweener conference. Do you consider Memphis and Cincinnati to be mid majors because they're in the same conference.

pretty much. you can have good programs in mid major conferences. 

On 4/20/2017 at 5:38 PM, cipsucks said:

Happy 4/20 tcp.  Now that it's 4:37 your time, it bet you're developing a good case of the munchies.  Jerky would taste so good about now.....  :)

you have no idea, D. So would a good ribeye, filet, etc. I live in Mississippi now, so it's pretty much all catfish and shrimp...:)

6 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

No gumbo, collards, blackeyed peas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

them's the sides! and the gumbo's technically down the road a bit, but yep, lots of Cajun stuff. I've never seen more varieties of smoked sausage in my life. Local Wal-Mart practically has a whole aisle devoted to it.

them's the sides! and the gumbo's technically down the road a bit, but yep, lots of Cajun stuff. I've never seen more varieties of smoked sausage in my life. Local Wal-Mart practically has a whole aisle devoted to it.

How Far In Mississippi are you? My dad is from Hattiesburg and my daughter's husband is from Herndon which is close to Memphis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well, when you need to put together a highlight video ...

This shows a kid with some skills.  Crafty about getting his shot off.  Has to be, because the one big thing that stands out in this video is that you never see him get a whole lot of air under his sneakers when he jumps. 

I think he'll be a very good player for Tulsa.  I think they really picked up a good kid who has some good tools and will do their program proud.

But he doesn't have high major athleticism, which is why he'd have been buried on the depth chart here.

Good luck to Jeriah.  Always liked the kid.

4 hours ago, HB said:

Good player on offense.

Which is why I was hoping to keep him.   You can teach someone how to play defense, especially when that someone has been a post and is in the first year of being asked to transform his body and play on the perimeter.   Offensive skill is something that you really either have or you don't at this point and his offensive game is as well rounded as anyone's on the team not named Glynn

5 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Which is why I was hoping to keep him.   You can teach someone how to play defense, especially when that someone has been a post and is in the first year of being asked to transform his body and play on the perimeter.   Offensive skill is something that you really either have or you don't at this point and his offensive game is as well rounded as anyone's on the team not named Glynn

Oh man, I must respectfully disagree nu.  You can teach somebody the fundamental principles of defense, but you cannot teach them to "play" defense.  There are a lot of tangible and intangible aspects of defense that separates a good defender from everyone else.

Bottom line:  He was a 6-7 kid (with some nice tools) who could barely dunk. 

Ya'll remember that dunk that Shavon Shields threw down against Dunk City in the inaugural game at PBA?  Everyone was like, "he can dunk like that?"  People were surprised how athletic Shavon was.  Two guys the same size; Shavon was much more athletic; Jeriah could shoot better.  Tulsa is a good landing spot for Jeriah.  He'll do well there.  I wish him nothing but the best.

Edited by Norm Peterson