NCAA Tournament

uneblinstu

34 minutes ago, 49r said:

YEP,  just tired of the "you guys lost, my world is falling apart, I can't live, fire everybody." ilk that have a great team to watch but come unglue when it does go their way.  

Go work at a soup kitchen for a while to get your life's priorities back in order.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:09 AM, 49r said:

In their defense...as a league they've drastically over performed in the dance the last few years.  The committee probably recognized this and are adjusting accordingly - they're probably right too.  I think the SEC gets a bad rap as a hoops conference.

Good call.  You nailed it as it turns out.  Extremely strong showing.  

On 3/28/2017 at 8:49 AM, 49r said:

Fans apoplectic about losing a game.  Blames it on the coach, and whines that he (a future HOF'er, to boot) is a terrible coach.

I guess it might not be as far into the future as I thought.  Congratulations Coach Self.

I am telling you, the NCAA has to look at the refereeing going into next year.  If the threesome working the championship game is the best of the best, then college basketball is in trouble.  The stage was set for a terrific game and this is a choppy, hard to watch game. 

The officiating was bad...but part of the problem of why it is bad...is that they allow so many things that force them into bad calls.

Call travelling when a guy mis-executes the jump stop, then you don't have to call the silly touch blocking foul after the travel.

Guys were planted in the lane for 5, 6 or 7 seconds...and then they get rewarded with a foul on their terrible shot attempt.

There are reasons why you have to dribble and why you can't camp in the lane...and when you ignore those parts of basketball, you see bad calls that never should have happened....

Calling travels will force kids to learn how to do a proper jump stop...they will learn to quit shuffling their feet....

Call 3 seconds and guys will get out of the lane....

Palming the basketball...make guys actually dribble it...and you will see less chippy fouls because the offense has such an advantage when they can palm the basketball and then travel at the end of their drive...how is a guy supposed to defend?

Freedom of movement....blah...they could clean up the game by callilng some of the most basic rules that have been around forever.