NCAA Tournament

uneblinstu

I am basing this on the assumption that Florida was out of time outs which I believe was the case.  Wisconsin mismanaged the end of the game.  I discussed this topic once this year in some thread regarding missing second free throw.  When there is that little time left, the end result with any kind of defense being played correctly at all is going to be a three pointer for Florida to win the game.  It does not matter if you are ahead by 1 or 2 points.  You are going to lose if they make the shot.  By making the second free throw you are giving them an incredibly easier shot.  You are looking at half court or further if you miss and harass the rebounder just a little bit.  You make it, you are looking at the kind of look that they got.  You rarely see teams miss when they can go up 2, but they should in many instances. This was one of them.  They also got unlucky that Hayes, who is a bad free throw shooter happened to make it. 

On 3/24/2017 at 5:39 PM, uneblinstu said:

I could see Oregon beating KU, sure. And I could absolutely see whoever wins that triangle of death in Memphis beating KU. Of course, I could see KU running roughshod over all those teams as well, but it wouldn't be stunning to see one of those teams knocking off Kansas either.

Like I was saying...

Oregon's athleticism completely overwhelmed KU. Picked Oregon in my bracket, too.