Best HS player in Nebraska?

Okay wanna-be experts.  Which high school player in Nebraska has the ability to play major college basketball?  Interested in the player, his position, his size and his year in school? 

I would love to have a shooter like Jaxon Simon, but don't think he can do it in major college.  I liked the Scottsbluff guard...but again, not sure he could do anything similar at the major college level.  I was not impressed with Chandler, but I haven't seen his full volume of work. 

Just wondering what everyone thought.

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

2018 SF Ed Chang. Hands down. Dude is a stud athletically. We can only hope he wants to play just a short drive on I-80 to UNL from Papio.

Scottsbluff guard is not that great for the next level, in my opinion. He's a bully baller. He'll play at Chadron St.

Not to rub salt in the wound and I know it's not the next level, but Aurora had no one who could guard him. I know he gets his shots off but I thought he did a much better job if not forcing things as opposed to the Elkhorn South kid or the Aurora boys. 

2 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

Not to rub salt in the wound and I know it's not the next level, but Aurora had no one who could guard him. I know he gets his shots off but I thought he did a much better job if not forcing things as opposed to the Elkhorn South kid or the Aurora boys. 

That's not really salt in the wound, on my behalf. I really didn't think Kuxhausen would get shots. He scored over half of his points during havoc time at the line. Aurora's best guard is probably 6'-3" 145# while Kuxhausen is more like 5'-10" 215#. So, yeah, bully-ball worked, as it should against slightly built guys. Gretna didn't allow him to go off, I noticed.

16 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

2018 SF Ed Chang. Hands down. Dude is a stud athletically. We can only hope he wants to play just a short drive on I-80 to UNL from Papio.

Scottsbluff guard is not that great for the next level, in my opinion. He's a bully baller. He'll play at Chadron St.

Ed Chang, what you seen last night was not Ed. He would have made a lot more shots, and blocked more shots had he had two legs to play on.

Let me throw a rather fresh name out there.  His daddy was a pretty good player for Iowa.  In fact he was a heck of a three-point shooter.  I am talking about Carter Kingsbury.  His brother is a junior, his dad still owns Iowa three point shooting records. 

Carter Kingsbury is a freshman at Ponca.  His 6'3" and has sort of a doughy body at this point.  But the kid can shoot the three and has exceptional range...as a freshman. 

I believe it is worth keeping an eye on this kid.  He has good pedigree, he has good size...and he can shoot the rock.

Edited by huskercwg

20 hours ago, Swan Ronson said:

Sorry but I was not impressed at all by Teddy Allen. I'll be really surprised if he does anything at West Virginia.

Saw Allen play several times over the past few years. He's a great athlete with excellent quickness for his body type. However, his jump shot is sketchy, at best. More important, his basketball IQ is low and his attitude needed a major adjustment. Because he was athletically a man among boys, he got away with stuff he won't be able to get away with against D1 athletes. Wish him the best, but my bet is he will struggle. 

In class A if you look at probably the best individual performance you had to be impressed with Kanon Koster who had a monster game for Kearney in their first round victory over Omaha Central.  A good shooter who can play inside or outside and is one of those sneaky athletic types.  He is also only a Junior.

Kanon Koster, to me, was the best overall basketball player I saw this weekend. Literally does everything well. Unfortunate that he's not going to get looks because he's only about 6'3" and more of a savvy 3, stretch 4 game. And it's really unfortunate he's going to get labeled as not athletic enough to guard 2's at the college level, when he can literally dunk anything and has arms that hang down to his knees. 

Also, He wasnt at state - but this guy has serious potential - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5047376/58bf7288c11a092ed858f9a9

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

With all due respect to this young man, if he wins it again I would question the wisdom of the voters.

Well he did take South back to state and win a game with a team that returned virtually no one else from last year's team. Idk his stats but that's pretty impressive. Not saying he does or doesn't deserve to win it again. Just saying him and Coach did a solid job. And maybe I just have a soft spot for Arop.

19 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Also, He wasnt at state - but this guy has serious potential - http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5047376/58bf7288c11a092ed858f9a9

He has a few things to work on for sure and needs to get stronger but the kid is really good. I also think he is pretty young for his age so would not be surprised if he is still growing a bit. We need guards and depending on how we look for open spots in 2018 he is the type I would take a flier on.

2 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

He has a few things to work on for sure and needs to get stronger but the kid is really good. I also think he is pretty young for his age so would not be surprised if he is still growing a bit. We need guards and depending on how we look for open spots in 2018 he is the type I would take a flier on.

He's very young for his class. Should be a year back