Bizarro Fire Miles Talk (Not BS)

jimmykc

Since it's Senior Day let's give Tai the greenlight  x10 ala' Kobe Bryant in his last game, and see what happens. Since he's basically the whole offense anyway this wouldn't really be a dramatic shift in scheme or philosophy. I never thought he would have the kind of Senior year he's had, & I dogged him BIG time his 1st two years, but he's certainly made this season memorable. I hope he get's some love when they name the All-Conference teams, AND a run in the B1G Tourney and beyond! Oh yeah, Miles ain't goin' anywhere...

4 hours ago, nustudent said:

I don't think our roster will blow up any more if Miles is fired than if he is retained.

I'd tend to agree. The team genuinely gets along and there is playing time potential for almost all the guys regardless.

3 hours ago, jimmykc said:

All one has to do is read the "Nebrasketball" book to figure out Miles' practice personality is not what his public image would indicate.

Very true, Jimmy.   And another lens into Eichorst's views.   Miles is not his kind of guy.  He could survive that winning, I suspect.  But now it makes it easy for SE to do what he wanted to do anyway.  

Looking back, it was basically over when AW III transferred and SE didn't extend Miles' contract.  Then Gill and Ed went down, and the fat lady sang.

Edited by HB

12 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I don't think she's sung yet.

Media (in private conversations) at spring practice today thought otherwise.   They don't know everything, but often where there is smoke there is fire.  

Media have been wrong before. 

I don't think Miles is gone.  I think he'll be back.

And, if he does come back, I think they have some homework in the off-season:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/team-plagiarizes-warriors’-playbook-team-can’t-lose/ar-AAnJxU9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

It should be noted that not everything South Plains does comes straight from the Warriors’ playbook. The Texans run weaves in transition, and Green is fond of some principles of the motion offense.

Most of the time, though, he is channeling Golden State. That means fewer pick-and-rolls in favor of greater movement away from the ball, including flare screens and back screens designed to spring shooters free from defenders. The ball zips from teammate to teammate.

“For a long time in the N.B.A., people got away from the five-man game,” Kerr said in a telephone interview on Wednesday as he discussed the impact his team was having on college programs. “It was more of an isolation game. But people are going smaller and faster. And for us, I think the key is that we don’t hold the ball. We almost always have five playmakers on the floor. The ball moves, and nobody dominates it.”

I really hope this season doesn't end without anyone caring like Pitchford Petteway etc. last year year.  That was so sad to watch.  Coaches didn't even seem to care very much.  The team certainly didn't.  If Miles knows the writing is on the wall, that is probably what will happen. 

17 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I really hope this season doesn't end without anyone caring like Pitchford Petteway etc. last year year.  That was so sad to watch.  Coaches didn't even seem to care very much.  The team certainly didn't.  If Miles knows the writing is on the wall, that is probably what will happen. 

I strongly disagree that Petteway didn't care. Pitchford, agreed. TP was dealing with a dying mom.

I think you were joking Norm, but it is actually exactly what they should be trying to do.  Teams that don't get the best players, should strive to be great from the 3 point line and should strive to shoot a whole bunch of them and have all sorts of ways to get open ones. 

Could not agree more. I am tired of the blue team in Omaha having all the shooters.

24 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I strongly disagree that Petteway didn't care. Pitchford, agreed. TP was dealing with a dying mom.

I was just giving reference to the season.  Didn't intend to call anyone out individually like it probably came off.  As a whole it was embarrassing and we did not care very much at all. 

1 hour ago, khoock said:

...but I think Miles is as good as gone after these past 3 blowout losses.

I could be wrong here but if Eichorst wanted him gone, these three blowout losses are likely irrelevant in his decision making. If he wants him gone, a 16-14 outcome wouldn't make a difference. The only thing it would do is put a little more heat on Eichorst himself from the media and fans than a 13-17 record would.

13 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I was just giving reference to the season.  Didn't intend to call anyone out individually like it probably came off.  As a whole it was embarrassing and we did not care very much at all. 

No worries, the overall team did have that feel down the stretch. Probably was a combination of things.

7 hours ago, nustudent said:

A.   I don't think there are mass transfers if we opt to fire and make a good hire to replace him.

B.   I'm not saying that there is a mutiny a foot or that the team as a whole dislikes him, but I don't believe things are as close knit as they seem to want to be portrayed.

What do you see or hear that gives you that impression?  Not questioning you just want to know what makes you say this?

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

Oh, and to those who are in the We-are-a-better-team-without-AWIII-and -it-made-no-difference-in-our-record camp, I note that he put up 40 points for Syracuse today. Wonder how many were three pointers?

8, jimmy.  8 of 9 from 3.