Northwestern and Nebraska in the NCAA Tournament

jayschool

4 hours ago, swmckewon said:

Nebraska is paying *a lot* of money for its football operation at this point - and it's about to pour more into it. Riley doesn't want/need more money. 

I think, if it's the right guy Nebraska might pay 2.5-3 million. And that number makes ears perk up. 

I'm just curious, why would a journalist would get into a conversation on a message board? Are you just here as a fan, or is this professional?

18 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Not 100% on this, but at first glance these look like our potential scenarios for Big Ten tournament seeding:

# of Additional Wins in Regular Season:

0: between 11-13 seed

1: between 10-11 seed

2: between 8-10 seed

Again, there's a lot of moving parts but with the two games last night the scenarios have slightly changed:

# of Additional Wins in Regular Season:

0: between 11-13 seed

1: between 10-11 seed

2: between 9-10 seed

2 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Sure they do, but I don't see Barfknecht posting here. I'm fine with Sam's opinions, it just seems unusual.

As far as you know he doesn't.  But it's pretty obvious he checks in here from time to time.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Just curious. How many players make up that 85%?

Here's their roster.  I fear they're building a pretty formidable program there.  Once they start winning, and start recruiting more talented local kids, look out.  Hate to say it but they are well on their way to becoming Duke 2.0.  Anybody that thinks climbing up the ranks in the Big Ten was difficult before must understand that having Northwestern be good is just going to make it that much harder.

NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
NO NAME POS HT WT CLASS HOMETOWN
32 Nathan Taphorn F 6-7 215 SR Pekin, IL
34 Sanjay Lumpkin G 6-6 220 SR Wayzata, MN
20 Scottie Lindsey G 6-5 210 JR Hillside, IL
30 Bryant McIntosh G 6-3 185 JR Greensburg, IN
44 Gavin Skelly F 6-8 220 JR Westlake, OH
4 Vic Law F 6-7 205 SO South Holland, IL
5 Dererk Pardon C 6-8 235 SO Cleveland, OH
10 Charlie Hall F 6-5 210 SO Los Angeles, CA
23 Jordan Ash G 6-3 190 SO Bolingbrook, IL
35 Aaron Falzon F 6-8 215 SO Newton, MA
12 Isiah Brown G 6-2 175 FR Seattle, WA
14 Rapolas Ivanauskas F 6-9 210 FR Barrington, IL
21 Tino Malnati G 6-3 175 FR Northfield, IL
25 Barret Benson C 6-10 240 FR Willowbrook, IL

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Collins going back to Duke though.  By all accounts he's really happy at Northwestern and being a Chicago native he feels at home there...enough so to even turn Duke down if it comes to that.

Plus, the scuttlebutt is Capel is the guy anyway.

Just now, 49r said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Collins going back to Duke though.  By all accounts he's really happy at Northwestern and being a Chicago native he feels at home there...enough so to even turn Duke down if it comes to that.

Capel?!  Collins is a way better coach than Jeff, imho.

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

8 returning scorers...they lose Lumkpin and Taphorn who combine provide them 39 minutes a game.  Both are solid role players but NW returns Mcintosh, Lindsey, Law, and Pardon who makes them what they are right now. 

Aaron Falzon  missed most of the year with an injury, as well. A really good 3-pt shooter at 6'8". So, next year they should be better.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

If I were a betting man I'd say Collins is more likely to make a jump to the Bulls eventually than he is to go back to Duke.

Maybe. I can't speak for him or his aspirations, but there are some coaches out there who value the mentoring aspect of coaching which keeps them in the college circles versus the NBA. (Does a coach like Izzo fall into this category?)

38 minutes ago, 49r said:

Capel struggled at OU didn't he?