CBI

Bugeaters1

55 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

With everyone but Webby coming back it makes sense to get some tourney experience though playing at home isn't nearly the same as playing at a neutral location.

Sure, but anytime you get in a situation where a loss means the end of your season is good experience. I'd like to see them do it if they can't get in the NIT (or better...).

Edited by uneblinstu

So I got my email from the ticket office today stating I could reserve tickets for the NIT or CBI "pending selection"...which tells me that they believe we would accept a CBI invitation were we invited since the NIT is clearly out of the question now.

Agree or not, it looks like CBI might possibly be a thing for this team this year...

So I got my email from the ticket office today stating I could reserve tickets for the NIT or CBI "pending selection"...which tells me that they believe we would accept a CBI invitation were we invited since the NIT is clearly out of the question now.

Agree or not, it looks like CBI might possibly be a thing for this team this year...

They did that last year and then declined a CBI invite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CollegeInsider.com_Postseason_Tournament

The CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT) is an American men's college basketball tournament created in 2009 by CollegeInsider.com. In 2012 it expanded to its current 32 participating teams. The Tournament is oriented toward mid-major schools who did not get selected to go the NCAA or NIT tournaments.

(i.e. No Big Ten teams allowed)

36 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Wonder how much perception plays into that.   3rd straight losing season.  Potential for a likely 3rd straight nose dive to end the season.   After year 5, that's not good vibes.   Wonder if they are trying to get a couple of wins to close the season out to make everyone feel just a little bit better.

Or it could be that we have one of the youngest rosters in the NCAA this year and more games, practice, and experience would actually benefit this team.

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Or it could be that we have one of the youngest rosters in the NCAA this year and more games, practice, and experience would actually benefit this team.

We were relatively young last year too and we passed.   And our guys hadn't played with each other nearly as much.   Hard for me to buy that explanation when we opted out of it last year.

9 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

We're quite a bit younger this year. Last year they also had the Spain trip on the front end. Last year's decision was Shavon and Benny's. This year, it's likely Tai's, unless Miles values the experience for the seven returning freshmen and sophomores.

Top 8 last year were 2 Srs, 2 Jrs, 4 Frosh.

Top 8 this year is 1 Sr, 1 Jr, 4 Soph, 2 Frosh.  

Lose a bit at the top but not nearly as many true freshmen having to step in and player major minutes right away.  

okay...now it's picking nits just to further an agenda.

@nustudent has made it abundantly clear he's ready for a coaching change come hell or high water and is deathly afraid accepting any kind of postseason bid would stop that process in its tracks.  He will FIGHT anybody here that challenges him on this.  So maybe we let it go for now?  Peace??

I'm sorry I brought it up, and I forgot there was a similar email sent out last year.  Let's just agree that the likelihood is slim of even a CBI bid at this point and let it go, okay?

Just now, 49r said:

okay...now it's picking nits just to further an agenda.

@nustudent has made it abundantly clear he's ready for a coaching change come hell or high water and is deathly afraid accepting any kind of postseason bid would stop that process in its tracks.  He will FIGHT anybody here that challenges him on this.  So maybe we let it go for now?  Peace??

I'm sorry I brought it up, and I forgot there was a similar email sent out last year.  Let's just agree that the likelihood is slim of even a CBI bid at this point and let it go, okay?

I have?

1 hour ago, 49r said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CollegeInsider.com_Postseason_Tournament

The CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT) is an American men's college basketball tournament created in 2009 by CollegeInsider.com. In 2012 it expanded to its current 32 participating teams. The Tournament is oriented toward mid-major schools who did not get selected to go the NCAA or NIT tournaments.

(i.e. No Big Ten teams allowed)

When are they going to make a tournament for the power conference mid-tier teams? Isn't that was the Vegas 16 was *supposed* to be?

FTR....I haven't.

I've never said he should be fired.   I said several weeks ago in the Fire Miles thread that it was fair to have the conversation and fair for people to feel that way.   I have never said he should be fired.   My preference all along has been and is to keep Miles.   We simply can't afford to screw up this next hire, which is why I would generally wait.  That doesn't mean I feel good about him or totally buy into the youth excuse though, or think people are completely off base for wanting the change.   This is far different than Sadler, where I wanted him gone regardless.   If you tell me we have Sampson or Hoiberg lined up, I'd be for it.   But I don't buy that we do, so I'd just assume he come back for one final chance.  

2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Last year's decision was Shavon and Benny's.

After the adrenaline of the Maryland game wore off a good number of the team wasn't in to playing in the CBI.

I'd put more stock into how this season goes in terms of whether we might play in the CBI than what happened last year.

18 hours ago, nustudent said:

Top 8 last year were 2 Srs, 2 Jrs, 4 Frosh.

Top 8 this year is 1 Sr, 1 Jr, 4 Soph, 2 Frosh.  

Lose a bit at the top but not nearly as many true freshmen having to step in and player major minutes right away.  

There's 9 in the rotation right now and he's a frosh, too. That's 7 of your 9. That's a pretty significant jump from last year.

Edited by uneblinstu