CBI

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, jimmykc said:

I would vote no, but if the team is in good physical and mental shape after the Big 10 tourney and votes to go,then I am alright if they plan to win it. Otherwise it is a losing proposition.

It would get the team more practice time. that is always a good right?

Playing post-season can be a good stepping stone into next season.  That said, my NCAA hopes are still hanging by a thread and my NIT hopes are still a distinct possibility depending on how we play the next three weeks.

lm3jhj5.jpg

Edited by huskercwg

I was going to start a topic on this, but someone beat me to it. I understand the benefits, more practice, games, etc. especially for a young team. YET, what comes with it is an "oh well, it is what it is" mentality that I'm not Ok with. Granted everything "is what it is" so to speak (except Fake News) but the  notion of a CBI berth strikes me as a somewhat defeatist attitude. Here's hoping we can string together some wins and sneak into a more substantial post-season tournament.

3 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I was going to start a topic on this, but someone beat me to it. I understand the benefits, more practice, games, etc. especially for a young team. YET, what comes with it is an "oh well, it is what it is" mentality that I'm not Ok with. Granted everything "is what it is" so to speak (except Fake News) but the  notion of a CBI berth strikes me as a somewhat defeatist attitude. Here's hoping we can string together some wins and sneak into a more substantial post-season tournament.

Do you think that Miles & co. would take the it is what it is attitude? I don't see Miles as that type of person. So I think that he would have teams attention; with this being Tai's last go it would be something good to build on.

2 hours ago, PimpMario said:

If we finish poorly (IE 2-4) no. If miles and staff would be more productive focusing on recruiting then do that.

If we finish 2-4, then Miles' job will definitely be on the line next year, so I think he would rather have the young guys get as much game and practice time as possible, then he would be worried about recruiting for 2018,19, etc.

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Of course, everybody's hoping for that. But at some point you have to consider it if it's an option. That's not a defeatist attitude. It's just where they're at right now.

13 minutes ago, khoock said:

I believe Dana Altman took Oregon to the CBI and won a few years ago and now he has built himself a consistent top 15 team. Could be a good stepping stone for next year.

My vote would be yes. But hopefully we can snag something better. 

I believe Oregon played against The Team That Shall Not Be Named for the CBI Championship. Purdue was the 1st Big Ten team to play in the CBI. I'd like to be where any one those teams currently are. I'd vote yes for the CBI if that was our only option. More basketball is a good thing!

25 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I believe Oregon played against The Team That Shall Not Be Named for the CBI Championship. Purdue was the 1st Big Ten team to play in the CBI. I'd like to be where any one those teams currently are. I'd vote yes for the CBI if that was our only option. More basketball is a good thing!

...unless you lose to a Garner-Webb in the CBI.

Always good to have one or done experiences of tourney play. If anyone thinks the NIT is a quality land for a team, the CBI logic is just about identical. If your team is really banged up and the rest would be better then continuing on, then I'd say no, but that's generally not the case with too many teams.

I'm looking on the bright side. The NIT is still in play. Our RPI is high enough, so it's a matter getting the wins and then some breaks in the conf tourneys in the mids.