2018 recruiting

TourneyBound

19 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Doesn’t heiman profile as more of a 5 then a stretch 4 or point 4? I think his growth in two years could be exponential but he’s pretty much agreed it sounds like when it comes to redshirting this year. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4929622/590a94a302b1c63f602c5b82 <-- Junior year, but he looks like he has all the stretch 4 components to his game.  I don't think he'll ever be heavy enough to establish low post position.  

5 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Doesn’t heiman profile as more of a 5 then a stretch 4 or point 4? I think his growth in two years could be exponential but he’s pretty much agreed it sounds like when it comes to redshirting this year. 

He wants to the play the 4 and thats what Miles says he wants him as

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

If Roby doesn't get drafted after this season (a huge if, imo), I think he slides to the 4 and plays point forward for us next year to an extent.  After that, I think Heiman will be a lot more ready than most people seem to think.  I'm pretty excited for his future given his development over the last year.  

I thought I read somewhere on here that Roby didn't file the papers and therefore cannot be drafted.

Am I misremembering?

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I thought I read somewhere on here that Roby didn't file the papers and therefore cannot be drafted.

Am I misremembering?

I'm guessing that by "this season" he means "this upcoming season."

That's the only way it makes sense to me.

New to the forum and have only been following Husker basketball since Doc Sadler’s final year (my freshman year @ UNL).

Anyways, I am not very excited about Heimann or Davis (they are both going to take quite a bit of work), but I think Amir Harris will play next year. I live in Baltimore and coach Jv basketball at a small school and the schools Amir went to are top flight. Not sure why he flew so far under the radar. May just be because he committed and people backed off.

Anyways love the banter on this forum. I am a Tim Miles apologist btw and would be sad to see him leave

If Brady wants to be a "stretch four" he has a looooooot of development to do. He's a rim runner/roll man at this point and got a lot of his offense in the post in high school, but even there he struggled at times. His strength and touch both need to improve a lot to be a real offensive threat. 

As for Roby, just confirming that he is not nor was he ever in the 2018 NBA Draft. 

37 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

If Brady wants to be a "stretch four" he has a looooooot of development to do. He's a rim runner/roll man at this point and got a lot of his offense in the post in high school, but even there he struggled at times. His strength and touch both need to improve a lot to be a real offensive threat. 

As for Roby, just confirming that he is not nor was he ever in the 2018 NBA Draft. 

To be clear, I was saying Roby could end up being the starting 4 as a senior if he is not drafted after his junior season.  This would give Heiman two years to develop.  I think the kid has pretty good touch in his midrange game (certainly better than, say, Morrow or Jacobson did), and he is coordinated, can finish with both hands, is a legit 6'10", etc.  If his improvement continues on the trajectory it has in the past 1.5 years, I don't think it's a stretch to say he's going to be a good contributor at the 4 during either his junior or redshirt soph. season.  

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

I will not even pretend to compare Brady to Patton.  But generally speaking,  wasn't Patton a major development project as well?

6 hours ago, LK1 said:

To be clear, I was saying Roby could end up being the starting 4 as a senior if he is not drafted after his junior season.  This would give Heiman two years to develop.  I think the kid has pretty good touch in his midrange game (certainly better than, say, Morrow or Jacobson did), and he is coordinated, can finish with both hands, is a legit 6'10", etc.  If his improvement continues on the trajectory it has in the past 1.5 years, I don't think it's a stretch to say he's going to be a good contributor at the 4 during either his junior or redshirt soph. season.  

You have seen a much different Brady then most. Have you watched him in person a lot? 

6 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I will not even pretend to compare Brady to Patton.  But generally speaking,  wasn't Patton a major development project as well?

Yes but i think his was more bc he was 6'6 at like age 15/16 and shot up to 7'1 over the summer (similiar to Anthony Davis). He had a really late growth spurt and needed an extra year for his coordination, strength, and weight to adjust

Correct me if I am wrong, and I am sure someone will, But I think I read in the World Herald that Brady has a reach of over 9' and has a 31" or more vertical jump.  If true, that is ridiculous athletic for someone 7'0.   Sure, he needs more strength, but it sounds to me that he is more like a taller Roby.  I can''t wait till he weighs over 230.

Brady's standing reach after his junior year was 8'9.5 at 6'10.5" in shoes. He has a short wingspan – about 6'9.25" – which is why I'm wondering to what degree his shot-blocking will translate (good instincts but lacks plus-length). He runs well and is pretty mobile for his size but he's not Roby in terms of length or explosiveness.

I've watched Brady play for four years now. I will say I've seen him miss a lot more jumpers than he's made. 

As for Patton, yes, he was definitely a project as well. The difference is he showed much better ball skills – he's an awesome passer, handles the ball well for a 7-footer and has a better shooting touch than Brady has shown. His biggest problem was the lack of strength and stamina, which is why he redshirted at Creighton. His growth spurt wasn't quite as dramatic as khoock suggested, though. I think he was about 6'2" as a freshman. Shot up to about 6'7" as a sophomore and was 6'11" heading into his senior year. 

8 hours ago, PointGuard said:

Correct me if I am wrong, and I am sure someone will, But I think I read in the World Herald that Brady has a reach of over 9' and has a 31" or more vertical jump.  If true, that is ridiculous athletic for someone 7'0.   Sure, he needs more strength, but it sounds to me that he is more like a taller Roby.  I can''t wait till he weighs over 230.

Vertical is correct I think. He’s closer to 6’9” then 7’ though. He does have good mobility however. My thought is if he can get to around 230 pounds he’s gonna be a quality 5 with a nice game within 10 foot of the basket 

28 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Fletch jokes incoming!

In the court ruling US vs. Fishbine, a man subjected to potential incineration while wearing another man's suit is entitled to $10,000 worth of airline tickets. It's an obscure ruling, but a very important one to me.

• 2 months later...