2018 recruiting

TourneyBound

1 hour ago, ConkintheCorner said:

So right now we are sitting at 2 projects(Heiman,Davis) and 1 question mark(Xavier) for 2018..  Been pretty quiet as far as transfers go also.  Hope we get after things this next month and get a couple more additions.

2018 additions are likely to be from within. More playing time for Allen and significant roles for nana and Thor. Hopefully stumble upon a JUCO or graf transfer big and see some growth from jordy 

• 2 weeks later...

As of right now looks like we are in on the following prospects:

- Xavier Johnson 6'3 G: offer and has visited; recent decommit

- Amir Harris 6'5 G: offer and scheduled visit

- Dachon Burke 6'4 G: COMMITTED

- Francisco Caffaro 7'0 C: offer and has visited

- Ed Chang 6'7 F: no recent offer; staff has flown out to see him

Wants? Likes/concerns?

Edited by khoock

10 minutes ago, khoock said:

- Dachon Burke 6'4 G: offer and has visited

Wants? Likes/concerns?

All of 'em.

19 minutes ago, khoock said:

- Dachon Burke 6'4 G: offer and has visited

Wants? Likes/concerns?

I think it's a good idea to have 1-2 transfers per year. That way you have experience coming in plus less mouths to feed in terms of minutes.

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

X is a difference maker.   No question he's your choice.

Harris has the looks of a difference maker too. Great length n defensive chops for a PG.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Hate to break it to you but it looks like Xavier is going to Pitt.

Agreed. Best of luck to him if he does but It sure sounds n looks like it will be an uphill battle to rebuild the Pittsburgh basketball program. 

This biggest thing this team has been missing since, IDK, Lance Jeter, maybe, is that ultra competitor, "bulldog" type. X is that guy. The coaches think X is that guy. At this point, it's probably not likely he comes here at this point, and maybe Harris has that, too, but X is the factor we've been missing for a while. If they can find a way to keep him in the fold, that would be the preference.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

So what or who do we go after with the last current scholarship? My preference would probably be a transfer stretch 4 that could sit one and play two or three. No idea who’s available that fits that mold but w the success of roby and Copeland I would think we could entice someone in that mold to come here 

Dont mind that idea.   Still would like a capable post to allow Copeland and Roby to play their more natural positions

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, B-town hoopsfan said:

So what or who do we go after with the last current scholarship? My preference would probably be a transfer stretch 4 that could sit one and play two or three. No idea who’s available that fits that mold but w the success of roby and Copeland I would think we could entice someone in that mold to come here 

Assuming Copeland comes back for his senior year, we need someone to replace him when his eligibility expires (can't say "graduates" because he already did that! (Congrats again, Curl Juice)).  So, I agree with this approach.  The replacements for Palmer and Cope sitting out their transfer year, ready to take the floor after Palmer and Cope leave.  Easy to say it, though; bigger challenge is actually finding that guy.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Assuming Copeland comes back for his senior year, we need someone to replace him when his eligibility expires (can't say "graduates" because he already did that! (Congrats again, Curl Juice)).  So, I agree with this approach.  The replacements for Palmer and Cope sitting out their transfer year, ready to take the floor after Palmer and Cope leave.  Easy to say it, though; bigger challenge is actually finding that guy.

Do you think that guy could be Chang? With a year in the weight room and working on his shot? He's every bit as long

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

If Roby doesn't get drafted after this season (a huge if, imo), I think he slides to the 4 and plays point forward for us next year to an extent.  After that, I think Heiman will be a lot more ready than most people seem to think.  I'm pretty excited for his future given his development over the last year.  

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

If Roby doesn't get drafted after this season (a huge if, imo), I think he slides to the 4 and plays point forward for us next year to an extent.  After that, I think Heiman will be a lot more ready than most people seem to think.  I'm pretty excited for his future given his development over the last year.  

IF Heiman can win in the weight room than I will believe he can perform on the floor.  I will be very surprised if he doesn't redshirt. 

Edited by Huskerpapa