2018 recruiting

TourneyBound

There are always some really good players who end up being available in the spring when a lot of other teams have their scholarships all filled.

If this season pans out, as a lot of us think it could and the coaches are probably even more certain will happen, are we maybe better off saving some open spots for the spring signing period?

16 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I am guessing the staff will continue to look for big shooting guards/wings next year, and likely in all future years :)

I dont think it will be a high priority with Nana, Palmer and Thor all being on the roster next yr. Recently, Miles said that was one of his top priorities for the '18 class. Wonder if it still is with Thor on board.

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

I dont think it will be a high priority with Nana, Palmer and Thor all being on the roster next yr. Recently, Miles said that was one of his top priorities for the '18 class. Wonder if it still is with Thor on board.

Agree with CWG - guessing a coach would always be looking for a guard that can shoot and create mismatches with his size.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Yes.  I bet Hunter remains their top target.  Also need a big man with some skill.

Edited by Norm Peterson

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yes.  I better Hunter remains their top target.  Also need a big man with some skill.

See i know Hunter and Embery are both high on our lists but at 6'2- 6'3 i wouldnt really catergorize them as the big bodied SG's Tim Miles said he was looking for. Maybe its just me, but that makes me think of James Palmer, Nana Akenten, and Thor. All 6'5-6'6 and 200+ (Thor will be once he gets on campus and in the weight room)

Agreed we defintely need a big man.