Purdue (17-4) vs. Nebraska (9-11) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I came to the game nearly recovered from the flu, bronchitis and sinus infection.  Feeling pretty good, voice back, stopped coughing, overall, much better.  I left the game, coughing, not able to talk and feeling great, but like crap.  Does that make any sense. 

2 hours ago, fr8-train said:

Also on the postgame show, Miles mentioned 2 visitors in attendance today.  One mentioned the great atmosphere at the game.  Anyone know who was there?  

I saw what appeared to be 4 kids in sections 103 and 104 that were all at least 6'8". One of them walked by me while I was getting my halftime ice cream and he was at least 6'10". Not a lot of meat on his bones but he was tall.

And it was unbelievable how dang big Haas is for Purdue. I was waiting to cross where Purdue goes to locker room after game and as he walked by me and another just looked at each other and shook our heads.

Anyone else just impressed by Haas in general?  I  mean, the dude's name (two double aa's) size, sturdy chin, etc etc for a what 20 year old?  He makes the Plumlee brothers (all six of them) look like preschoolers.

I know, white on white comparison, but they do have other similar traits (ungodly height, etc)

6 minutes ago, a0t0w0 said:

Anyone else just impressed by Haas in general?  I  mean, the dude's name (two double aa's) size, sturdy chin, etc etc for a what 20 year old?  He makes the Plumlee brothers (all six of them) look like preschoolers.

I know, white on white comparison, but they do have other similar traits (ungodly height, etc)

Unreal size!  I don't care who the dude is next to him, the player looks small in comparison.  He is kind of like the Russian dude in the Rocky movie.

19 minutes ago, a0t0w0 said:

And he is going Purdue because of their outstanding engerneering programs which he is majoring or at least that is what they said during last weeks game.

was on a Segway Eco tour here in Dominican Republic and get Kent on the iPad. Get to listen to the last 4:52 kind of. As Watson is letting go of the first three free with what :06 left.. All the power goes out, no big deal I got full battery, but the server goes down a split second after.. So my son on his phone and me on the iPad are trying like hell to get it back on the whole time yelling like crazy American tourists.  Comes back on and it is the corn board commercial. I have to wait through all the  crap to get a final but my son goes to ESPN and finds out we win.

Now let's Deja vue this thing on Thursday.. I think I can get the bartender at the sports bar here at the resort to play the game on one of the tvs.

16 hours ago, PimpMario said:

He got the rebound there and assisted on the defensive end.

If he needs to get better at defense then work with him, don't freeze him out.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211441990#.WI9NWRNwwVM.twitter

Horne, who’d become something of a fan favorite after shooting 4-of-6 on three-pointers in a December game against Southern, said he wasn’t surprised – unlike many fans – that he didn’t play at Northwestern. Coaches told him he needed to work harder in practice, and that his time would come.

“There’s a lot of freshmen around the NCAA that some games they play a lot, some games they don’t,” Horne said. “I just got to get used to how it goes for a freshman, preparing for every game like I’m going to play. I’m OK with that.

“Every day is a learning experience for me. At the beginning of this season, my defense was not where it is right now. Every day, I’m improving on something. I just trust in my coaches and my teammates having my back every step of the way.”