2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

40 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Man one hit has left the infield for us tonight. I think Raburn and Shlep are both batting under .100. Lots of strike outs looking and zero clutch hitting. Team is inept offensively. 

Erstad is going to have to use the "it's on me" earlier than normal this year.  Unfortunately, this is what you get when you have a HC who really does not enjoy recruiting.  The offense we continue to roll out year after year is just meh. Another example of throwing out anything you hear in the introduction press conference. Erstads "hell on the base paths" has gone the way of GATA ball and baseline to baseline. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

12 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Erstad is going to have to use the "it's on me" earlier than normal this year.  Unfortunately, this is what you get when you have a HC who really does not enjoy recruiting.  The offense we continue to roll out year after year is just meh. Another example of throwing out anything you hear in the introduction press conference. Erstads "hell on the base paths" has gone the way of GATA ball and baseline to baseline. 

I mean it's to the point where I watched the game and could tell we weren't gonna score. When bolt was here we were aggressive and tore the cover off the ball.

5 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I mean it's to the point where I watched the game and could tell we weren't gonna score. When bolt was here we were aggressive and tore the cover off the ball.

All comes back to recruiting. You recruit minimal speed and minimal power you are going to struggle to score runs against good teams. Don't need both.  Going to have to feast on the Big Ten this year if we can. Even that hasn't been easy for Erstad. 

No eye for talent.  Get athletes and teach them to play baseball better.  Instead we get guys that are grinders with no upside.  Exactly what you should not do.  Find athletes that have grinding traits, not grinders that don't have athletic traits.  Hard to believe how shitty our baseball program is.