2017 Nebraska Baseball

AuroranHusker

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I was going by what the PBP. guy was saying about Alvarado.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So, was I.  I thought for sure when Alvarado was in the bullpen, he was coming into the game. 

Of course, the PBP guy didn't know it WAS a save situation for Luensmann.

Nice win.  Hohensee got into the 8th inning.  Fischer put out the fire in the 8th.  Luensmann got a 1 pitch save.  So, he's still available the rest of the series.  Miller started to hit the ball.  Alvarado showed some pop. 

18 hours ago, khoock said:

I don't like ties.

Seriously what are the implications of a tie in regards to RPI and SOS? is it just like the game never happened or what?

Unless something has changed...I believe a tie counts as a half-win for RPI purposes.  So, it's better than nothing.  Either way...we needed that series win.  Hopefully Indiana can hang on and stat within the top 50 RPI.  Midweek will be important this week...really need to sweep Creighton/UNO this year as their RPI numbers are about as bad as it gets.  Minnesota looks like the team to beat again this year as they have started off the first two weekends with road sweeps.  Pitching has been nails...now if we can get the bats going.   

Edited by huskerbaseball13

I'm guessing by now Indiana is starting to wonder just who asked the Huskers to join the B1G. At least this sports season anyway. And they're probably hoping not to meet up with the Huskers in any post season spring tourney's. Lot's of "L"s from the Huskers going into the losing columns for the Hoosiers this past sports season particularly in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, both volleyball games, wrestling, soccer. The spring season isn't quite over yet so the possibility that the Huskers could still inflict more damage to their records still loom's.  :)