Would it be out of line...

KZRider

16 minutes ago, fred1212 said:

100.gif

If you look this up on youtube there are a few that will bring tears to yours eyes.  One is when they are bringing back a special ops guy who died in duty.  They other is for some famous rugy player who died to early.  If I have time I will try to get them on today.

Hawai'i football did it before their bowl game this year, but it was a bowl game played on Christmas Eve so I don't think anybody saw it.:D

But yeah they can't do it every game per NCAA

And these are the two that make my eyes tear up. Watch both to the end it is worth it.  I think I know why Hawai'i can't use it any more, after I watch these I am ready go!

https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=ypff0vx2FZo.webloc

https-::www.youtube.com:watch?v=O5wgpuYXrE4.webloc

Edited by Silverbacked1

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

The only Haka I enjoy is the one done by the All Blacks rugby team. As I understand it, the Māori people find it offensive when done by other groups of people. The Arizona football team butchered it a couple years back and it came with quite a bit of outrage. 

This.

It may be more disrespectful than anything, it's a proud tradition and should be respected as such...IOW, leave it to the pros.  I'm afraid that getting a bunch of American college students to do it would be something akin to trying to teach the Chinese how to square dance.  The results may be less than desirable.

It's why I advocate a black out.  It's simple, meaningful, and appropriate.  Wearing a single color to games is something we Nebraskans are pretty good at.

1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

We have talked about this numerous times now.  Perhaps this is something that some members of the student section take charge of, with the caveat that they do it right, and they do it with utmost respect.  If the fans initiate it, how can the NCAA do or say anything.:ph34r:

I'd be shocked if the refs wouldn't call a T on Nebraska if the NCAA doesn't allow it.  Remember a few years back when we had a player get T'd up during warmups for dunking the ball. 

The thing with the haka is it needs to be done properly to avoid disrespecting its tradition. At my high school in New Zealand we would practise the haka many times before any event where the school would need to perform one. Getting the actions and pronouncing Maori words right is pretty important to doing it justice so the school Maori language teacher would make sure it was up to a standard and teach us of the meaning behind it. 

A blackout would be a cool way to celebrate Tai on senior night. Im sure he would appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, Cell said:

The thing with the haka is it needs to be done properly to avoid disrespecting its tradition. At my high school in New Zealand we would practise the haka many times before any event where the school would need to perform one. Getting the actions and pronouncing Maori words right is pretty important to doing it justice so the school Maori language teacher would make sure it was up to a standard and teach us of the meaning behind it. 

A blackout would be a cool way to celebrate Tai on senior night. Im sure he would appreciate it.

Good to see you back on Cell, have you been able to watch Tai play much this season?

3 hours ago, 49r said:

Good to see you back on Cell, have you been able to watch Tai play much this season?

Ive been able to find online streams for about half of his games and have listened to Kent P on most of the others. Its been great to see him succeeding. Its scary how similar he is playing now to how he did as a 16/17 year old back here, slashing to the hoop and pushing the ball in transition.