Would it be out of line...

KZRider

4 hours ago, Cell said:

The thing with the haka is it needs to be done properly to avoid disrespecting its tradition. At my high school in New Zealand we would practise the haka many times before any event where the school would need to perform one. Getting the actions and pronouncing Maori words right is pretty important to doing it justice so the school Maori language teacher would make sure it was up to a standard and teach us of the meaning behind it. 

A blackout would be a cool way to celebrate Tai on senior night. Im sure he would appreciate it.

I thought maybe the trolls had run you off with all of the Tai hating the last couple of years.

3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I thought maybe the trolls had run you off with all of the Tai hating the last couple of years.

Definitely not. I actually visit the site most days and follow along during games. I think Tai is a prime example of why we need to remember the guys on the team are just kids and that just because they will have bad games or bad seasons it doesnt make them bad players.

10 hours ago, Cell said:

Definitely not. I actually visit the site most days and follow along during games. I think Tai is a prime example of why we need to remember the guys on the team are just kids and that just because they will have bad games or bad seasons it doesnt make them bad players.

Well said - Tai is the perfect example for anyone who goes through some struggles. The way he has just put his head down and worked and worked and worked -- rather than sulking and giving up and going somewhere else, as a lot of players would have -- has been simply tremendous. He has made himself into an All B1G player.

And on top of it all, to be counted on to provide tons of leadership on a really young team and be asked to take and make huge shots late in games, that's a lot on his shoulders this season. Yet he has handled it all tremendously well, answering the bell every game.

I hope folks in New Zealand are as proud of what he's done the past 4 years as we are here. He will be a very deserving 28th member of NU's 1000-point club in a few more games.