Iowa (9-6) vs. Nebraska (8-6) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, tcp said:

lol god, what a horrible game for a win! i'm glad they won this, I really am. It was clutch, in spite of Taylor's best efforts twice to get that L.

This team really has so much work to do before I get giddy. Remember, this was an Iowa team that was picked in that bottom layer of the conference hamper with us, too.

Our home court advantage is sketchy as hell.

Oh well, they finally survived the bright lights test. And I know I should be happy about that. And maybe I will be tomorrow.

If you ain't happy... you ain't Husker!

3-0 Dang it!

Just now, LK1 said:

Iowa is a very talented team--as talented as we are.  They are playing well.  That was a much bigger win than I think we might realize.  I think they end up with a winning conference record.  

I don't but this conference has depth as always.

Every night is like this.  That's why our start is so important.

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

Iowa is a very talented team--as talented as we are.  They are playing well.  That was a much bigger win than I think we might realize.  I think they end up with a winning conference record.  

Maybe you're right. They have obvious talent, but I don't think they're anything better than average right now.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

Maybe you're right. They have obvious talent, but I don't think they're anything better than average right now.

They actually really remind me of us.  I thought they looked like a mirror image in many ways--very young and talented with a tough start to the year.  I was very impressed by their young bigs, and Jok is a monster.  They're going to get some wins in conference play, particularly at home.  They looked very good against Michigan.  

Watching Tai defend Peter Jok -- with four fouls, no less -- probably took five years off of my life.  Even though PJ went off for 30+, you've got to admire Tai's work tonight.  Tai and Glynn are an absolutely superfluous backcourt combination.  I lose sleep thinking about what this team might be like next year if Tai had one more year of eligibility...

20 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Peter Jok is going to drop 30 once in awhile in the league.  He's gotta be the clear cut B1G POTY.

But man... Tai is a first teamer.  Glynn is all conference.  

Glynn had a more efficient game than Jok

Jok  12-24 FG's 5-11 3 PT's 5-6 FT's 6 REB's 5 AST 1 TO 34 PTS

Glynn 11-18 FG's 7-8 3 PT's 5-6 FT's 3 REB's 4 AST 3 TO 3 STE 34 PTS

I think Glynn is pretty strong minded since he came off the bench.  Since the benching, he is 32-79 (40.5%) from the floor, 15-23 (65.2%) from 3, 25-31 (80.6%) from the free throw line.  He is avg. 20.8 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.5 A/TO ratio.