Pregame Discussion: Iowa (9-6) vs. Nebraska (8-6) - 1/05/17

49r

Iowa is much more than just Peter Jok. I expect Tai and Evan To get their own chances to defend him. The matchup to watch is definitely Tyler Cook and whoever is on him, whether it be MJ, Ed, or any of the 3 freshman. Cook is their second leading scorer and very athletic. I think this has the chance to be a big Glynn game as Bohannon is not nearly as athletic as Glynn isn't too gifted on either end of the floor. Should be a dogfight. GBR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

For some reason, Iowa just doesn't scare me that much. They never seem particularly well coached and they're really young this year. The rematch in Iowa City will be tough, though.

Ā 

In spite of the confidence we should have after two quality road wins, no team that lost to Gardner-Webb at home should think TOO much of themselves.

Ā 

Ā 

With Iowa starting a senior leader and four frosh, I don't think we'll be able to play our "young and inexperienced" card on this one. I am not venturing into the Arctic vortex tonight but I just hope this game will not turn into a "lets go warm up the car and beat the crowd" night. Kudos to the hardy group who plan to attend in person. I must assume there will not be big busses full of Hawkeye fans there, so the crowd should be a factor.

Honestly, I think we are all MORE worried about this game since we are 2-0 than we would be if we were 1-1 or 0-2.

Ā 

It feels weird typing that, but every team we play now has a shot at taking down that shiny 0 we have in the loss column. Ā Let's go out and get this one tonight, like it, then move on.

Ā 

This team is goingĀ to keepĀ having toĀ playĀ with some swagger if we want to do what we ALL want to do. Ā You know I'm pumped when I make a one liner post into 3 paragraphs too by the way.

Ā 

1 hour ago, HuskerActuary said:

Monitoring the market value of tickets for the game on Stubhub and the ticket availability on huskers.com, it does appear the fanbase has caught on. Quite a few tickets have been sold the past few days. It should be nearly full tonight.

Ā 

That might not necessarily be our fanbase. I remember last Iowa game at home there were quite a few jerks in black and yellow in my section.Ā 

Ā 

And this time I'm not talking about Steeler fans...

Edited by Red Rum

3 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Iowa basketball fans travel well.Ā  My fear is that there will be a fair share of black and gold in the stands tonight.Ā 

Ā 

Might be too much black if people are taking the Nebraska basketball Blackshirt thing literally