Webster >>> Trimble

Perfect comparison here:

Melo Trimble -- basically peaked as a freshman, hasn't improved since.

Tai Webster -- improved leaps and bounds each season--is now a better all-around player than Melo Trimble.  

I've never seen anything like Tai's personal improvement over a four-year period.  What a testament to work ethic and coaching/player development.  Really going to miss this kid.  Great, great leadership today.  Incredible win.  

I'm so glad that his senior year improvement is now being supported by an improvement from the whole team. 

Husker Hoops seems to often have a small group of seniors who are playing their hearts out and a group of underclassmen who just aren't ready for prime time. This year, that script seems to be rewritten and I could not be happier for Tai, the team and for us.

4 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I'm so glad that his senior year improvement is now being supported by an improvement from the whole team. 

Husker Hoops seems to often have a small group of seniors who are playing their hearts out and a group of underclassmen who just aren't ready for prime time. This year, that script seems to be rewritten and I could not be happier for Tai, the team and for us.

Great point.  I think this is what has given me a lot more patience for Miles than some on the board since his tenure began.  He's a truly great recruiter, and he's very likely to field a 4-year (Fr-Sr) roster that resembles the standard of our freshmen and sophomores if he has enough time to do so.  If we have that, we'll be consistently in the top half of the conference and even contending some years.

I would guess that the hauka is a pretty special event for a native New Zealander.  If so, rather than a dude like me doing it, the University should bring in "professionals" and senior night would be the right time :)

I am going to pat myself on the back on Tai.  There are a few others as well that should receive similar pats.  The "abuse" Tai took in his early years had to be difficult on him.  Think about it, he had no parental support around him, no family whatsoever and he was getting hammered.  Then, the individual he bonded with and was his main recruiter, left the scene.  The kid has kept working hard and his respect to UNL is finally being appreciated and returned to him.  Also, a special shout out to TP.  I believe Petteway was a big influence on Tai, as was Shavon. 

I still believe Melo is a special player, but Tia has grown significantly while Melo has continued to be a steady Eddie.

I've always had a good feeling about Tai, he fought through his struggles and his development is simply amazing, I mean even the most arduous supporters including myself were nervous about could he take on significant scoring increase like we'd need not only has he, but 2nd team and outside shot at 1st team all big ten are in the realm of possibility 

Edited by bobcat402

That was Trimble's worst game of the year....though having to play Nebraska and be covered by Tai played a part in that.

He's still quite good though and his shooting has improved from last year. You can make the argument this is the least talented team he's been apart of.

I don't agree with the number of greater than signs.

Melo Trimble is a special talent.  Biggest gift Turgeon has ever been given was when Melo decided not to turn pro last year.  Or the year before.

Essentially it's cost Trimble probably 2 or 3 million dollars, maybe more, by playing for Maryland last couple of years.  Dude must really love college.

3 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I would guess that the hauka is a pretty special event for a native New Zealander.  If so, rather than a dude like me doing it, the University should bring in "professionals" and senior night would be the right time :)

I am going to pat myself on the back on Tai.  There are a few others as well that should receive similar pats.  The "abuse" Tai took in his early years had to be difficult on him.  Think about it, he had no parental support around him, no family whatsoever and he was getting hammered.  Then, the individual he bonded with and was his main recruiter, left the scene.  The kid has kept working hard and his respect to UNL is finally being appreciated and returned to him.  Also, a special shout out to TP.  I believe Petteway was a big influence on Tai, as was Shavon. 

I still believe Melo is a special player, but Tia has grown significantly while Melo has continued to be a steady Eddie.

I just hope we do something special.  I like the idea of playing national anthem of a kid who came from some where else for his senior night.

21 minutes ago, 49r said:

Melo Trimble is a special talent.  Biggest gift Turgeon has ever been given was when Melo decided not to turn pro last year.  Or the year before.

Essentially it's cost Trimble probably 2 or 3 million dollars, maybe more, by playing for Maryland last couple of years.  Dude must really love college.

Didn't he cone back because he got a crappy analysis from scouts?

3 hours ago, atskooc said:

Didn't he cone back because he got a crappy analysis from scouts?

Trimble is no lottery pick.  He's the caliber of, say, Sherron Collins was at KU.  Might sneak onto an NBA team as a backup in free agency, but definitely not a lottery or first round pick.  Very good college player.