Coaches that you think should be on Nebraska's list, if this trend continues (2017)

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

Next up Hoiberg, than Marshall, then Turgeon, then Musselman (UCLA bound IMO), then Webber, then Howland, finally Craig Smith. I'm not a fan of Kelvin Sampson or Jamie Dixon given the NCAA issue. I'm not into filling a guys retirement plan 

Why is Jamie Dixon on your naughty list and Mark Turgeon not? They're basically in the same 'assistant did something but did the head coach know about it' boat.

20 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Why is Jamie Dixon on your naughty list and Mark Turgeon not? They're basically in the same 'assistant did something but did the head coach know about it' boat.

If you want to follow the breadcrumbs, go ahead and throw Eric Musselman on that list... his associate head coach was implicated for stuff at LSU, but it wouldn't be all that surprising to learn he didn't go through a radical change of heart when he changed time zones.

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2018/02/23/ex-players-wolf-pack-associate-head-coach-implicated-fbi-probe/369038002/

Mark Turgeon hired Dalonte Hill (of $400K-per-year at KSU fame), and then after his DUIs replaced him with Dustin Clark, who bizarrely decided in June to leave coaching altogether to go into his family's business. He was the lead recruiter for Silvio de Sousa, who the NCAA ruled ineligible for being paid. This conveniently took place between Maryland's two subpoenas. The assistant named in the subpoenas, Bino Ranson, is still on staff, and he was the lead recruiter for Diamond Stone, who also took a $14K cash payment.

If multiple assistants under Turgeon are paying players THAT much money, he's either aware of it, or a poor manager of his staff. Either way, not a good look.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, DOATHLON said:

Wow. Forgot I started that thread in 2016........I was right then and still am today and yes Dana would be my first phone call. 

Y'know, it's obnoxious to spike the ball and pretend you were right about something that didn't happen two years ago.

It's mendacious to pretend you didn't remember starting a thread two years ago with basically the exact same thread title.

And it's crass to gloat about a coaching staff about to lose their jobs.

You're nearly hitting for the cycle.

But ... you go right on ahead being you. 

Someone is triggered and spiking a FB is fun, that's why players do it. How can one pretend to be right when what is written is literally the same title 2 years later? That's not pretending. Luckily this will be over soon. In the mean time I've sold my Iowa tickets for a pretty penny. Iowa fans are so dumb. We can all agree on that.

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

Someone is triggered and spiking a FB is fun, that's why players do it. How can one pretend to be right when what is written is literally the same title 2 years later? That's not pretending. Luckily this will be over soon. In the mean time I've sold my Iowa tickets for a pretty penny. Iowa fans are so dumb. We can all agree on that.

Not as dumb as it is to sell Iowa fans tickets to a Husker sporting event.  Booooo!

On 3/8/2019 at 5:20 PM, DOATHLON said:

Dixon and Sampson are both at the point in their careers where they would take a job like Nebraska for the paycheck. The NCAA stuff with TCU and Creighton I believe will be very serious. I think the NCAA would punish those 2 schools to save the blue bloods like Duke, NC, AZ ect. 

Reminds me of Jerry Tarkanian’s observation of NCAA punishment, “The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, they put Cleveland State on probation!”