uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 9, Ed 7 - Clemson

uneblinstu

Love this team. Giving everything they have. This will pay off eventually if they stay together.

In the meantime, we desperately need to figure something out offensively from a spacing, rhythm, and offensive transition perspective. It's all about offense guys. Your offensive tempo and rhythm dictates everything. Everyone guards well anymore. They're all athletes, and the fundamentals are barely different from team to team. 

I will cast no aspersions, we had opportunities that didn't materialize.  I am bummed.  Very bummed.  We played hard.  But we turned the ball over too much, we once again struggled making perimeter shots and for whatever reason, we were whistled way more often than Clemson.  We have four players playing well.  I also thought Jordy and Isaiah did some good things tonight. 

Also, let us not forget; we played three tough games on the West Coast, only to turn around and play on the East Coast.  Despite that travel, we had a chance tonight.  In fact, we should have won that game.  I am bummed.

5 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

As a fan for about 25 years, tonight's feelings are all too familiar.  Here's to hoping our boys see how close we are!  Lot of season left, but I did feel this might've been a must-win for postseason play. I hope I'm wrong! As always, GBR!

We need to steal one next Wednesday against the Bluebirds,.  That will make it up.

1 minute ago, basketballjones said:

Ugh just saw the stats... McVeigh can't play 23 minutes and not score. He doesn't do enough other things to warrant that PT if he's not hitting. Road trip for him to forget, for sure. He'll be fine. 

This sounds sophomoric, but it is in his head now.  He needs to find some positive vibes and, I agree, he will be fine!

It's going to be very tough to avoid our third straight losing season unless another scorer steps up. We just have far too many offensive holes on this team right now. Roby had been anything but special to this point but if McVeigh continues to provide nothing on the court you might as well let Roby get some valuable minutes. 

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

It's going to be very tough to avoid our third straight losing season unless another scorer steps up. We just have far too many offensive holes on this team right now. Roby had been anything but special to this point but if McVeigh continues to provide nothing on the court you might as well let Roby get some valuable minutes. 

We'll get there but Roby couldn't make a pass in the first half without having to think about it for 3 seconds or throwing it to the other team. Not sure if we're in a position to win this particular game if we had played him much more.

2 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Jake did more good than bad. 

He didn't play a great game, but he got better. 

Yeah, yeah. Jake did all right. Forgot about him (briefly). He was a tough dude tonight.

But it's a lot of 'no show' for the rest of the roster.

Edited by AuroranHusker
*lot instead of 'not'*