WBB: Game #4 vs Omaha

Row6Seat10

I can definitely see the improvement from game to game. All the minutes the freshman are getting will pay dividends in the future. We can't continue to be so reliant on the three. We need to be able to get the ball to the bigs when they are on the block. It seems we are just passing around the perimeter hoping for a good look at a long range shot. I would like to see some high-low post play or someone driving to the basket to help break the double\triple team on Jess. When we run the offense with Jess or Allie shooting the three, we don't have anyone underneath for the offensive rebound. I look forward to the rest of the season and am hopeful with the continued improvement that we surprise a team or two.

1 hour ago, HUD said:

Here's how I look at who should start between Hannah and Esther.  In the last game Esther started at point guard and brought the ball down the court the first 3 times.  She had 2 turnovers and would have had a 3rd except the defense got called for kicking the ball.  She is better coming off the bench.  Besides she is a senior where Hannah is a freshmen.  Who do you think has the best upside?

Also Hannah so far in 4 games has 1 turnover with 9 assists.  Esther has 4 turnovers with 7 assists.  Pretty much equal playing time.

I will admit that Esther is playing better then I expected.

I'd guess Coach pretty much wanted experience on the floor in the early games, and has waited to see how the newbies progress. After a while the starters may shift, depending on the progress of everyone.

• 2 weeks later...