Penn State Game Thread: Alright Lunger, Let's Do It!

cipsucks

Big win. That flagrant was rough.  I have two qualms with the rule: A) inadvertent shouldn't be a foul (or at least, they don't get the ball or something) and B ) why allow the continuation?  If the refs had done correctly, they would have called it live and the play would have stopped.  If the video is to correct refs' mistakes, surely it should correct that part, too?

Anyway, great grity win!  We have a couple winnable games coming up here, so lets do work!

I have my own qualms with the call in the fact that it should have been a FOUL ON PSU!!  I didn't know you could rake at the guys arm until he loses the ball.

Last year this team tanks it at the end with what happened.

It didn't hurt that PSU went 1-6 from the free throw line down the stretch.  Our free throw defense was amazing the last 32 seconds!!!

True that but there is no way that elbow call should have been. home cooking at it finest. And like i said earlier BALL DON"T LIE.

Nice win.  Always nice to get the first one.   Continue to be impressed with what Miles gets out of these guys.

While I think the refs technically did their job and made a correct call in the end....the rule itself is absolutely idiotic.

It should have been a foul on PSU as they got a bunch of arm.  I would have been much more for the call if they called the foul on PSU.  I understand protecting kids but that ridiculous.  You are rewarding the defensive player EVERY time in this case.  All you have to do is body up and the offensive player can go nowhere.  The defensive guy doesn't have to worry about the elbow because the offensive player will get a flagrant foul.  

If Benny develops even a serviceable three point shot, he'll be the next Charles Richardson, which is a compliment.  Kid takes care of the ball and plays good D.  It's pretty rare for a TFrosh to have a complete, all-around game as a freshman.  I really don't think the complaints about the kid are justified.

We'll see how hard he works to improve his offense, but he is ahead of the curve defensively, in my opinion, and that's rarely mentioned.