NEW NCAA Coaches Poll

redsteve

The first USA TODAY Coaches poll came out today, and NU is no where to be seen. Not even a single vote, let alone be in the top 25.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-women/polls/coaches-poll/2016/1/

Looks like we've a few things to prove this year. :angry:  

Drake 1; Georgia Tech 1; Troy 1; Tulane 1  got one point...but us ? .....not so much.

Edited by redsteve

19 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/insider-wbb-wins-secret-scrimmage-at-nebraska.223075/

This is an Iowa St team that was 13-17 last year though and is picked to finish 7th in the conference.

Coach Williams might end up being a great hire but I would expect a bumpy ride during year one.

I would agree.  It could very well be a rough year.  Sounds like ISU played the bench a lot and we still got beat easily. 

57 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/insider-wbb-wins-secret-scrimmage-at-nebraska.223075/

This is an Iowa St team that was 13-17 last year though and is picked to finish 7th in the conference.

Coach Williams might end up being a great hire but I would expect a bumpy ride during year one.

Plus, in looking at our schedule it is really Brutal this year (with a Capital 'B'). 

I guess the 'secret' scrimmage must have been so secret that no one knew about it :ph34r: (at least I hadn't read anything about it before. :Redface:)

Edited by Red Don

On 10/31/2016 at 11:16 AM, huskerchode said:

I would agree.  It could very well be a rough year.  Sounds like ISU played the bench a lot and we still got beat easily. 

It can't be any rougher than last year!  I think this will be a fun season. The fans will get to see lots of action from players who are the future of Nebraska WBB for years to come. 

I'll be satisfied if we play hard and together, stay healthy, improve throughout the season and have fun.

Also one more thing which just shouldn't be too hard is more coverage of the team.  Maybe it's just me but I think it is pretty poor.

The two Big Ten Ladies interviewing Coach Williams and Jess last week were really sad.  I felt that the answers we gave were good but the questions were very weak and somewhat lame.  Very little came out of that week in print for us.